Friday, May 16, 2008

half baked

Yesterday was a great day for me; my bestest best friend Jodi (who got married then immediately moved to no-where, Florida) arrived for her visit to AZ (Jodi's visit is mainly to visit a friend in Tucson who is graduating from U of A). I met her at the airport with our friends Carter and Nikki. It was awesome seeing her after so long! She was so excited to see me; she left when I got pregnant so she has only seen my growing bump via webcam. Jodi, Nikki, and I went out to eat with Jodi's in-laws. The food was great; I ate SO MUCH. Afterwards, the three of us went swimming. We were going to spend the rest of the evening watching 27 Dresses (Robert was SO excited), but we were nearly passed out and skipped on the movie. That night, right before going to bed, I let Jodi feel the baby move. Her eyes got HUGE and she started squirming and giggling once little Joel kicked me. After running some essential post-wedding errands this morning, Jodi and Nikki left for Tucson for the remainder of the weekend. She will be back Sunday evening, so I will probably have more pictures later...

On another note... I hit my half way mark in the pregnancy! It feels great to know that I am closer to giving birth than I am to having gotten pregnant (I still pray he isn't a week late like my hubby was...)! To "celebrate", I did some special pregnancy pictures with my friend, Aimee. The tag on my tummy says "1/2 Baked". Jodi likes to tell me that I am a baby cooker, so I figured the phrase half baked fit perfectly!

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

I'd have to say thats my favorite picture!

Stina said...

love it!