Thursday, May 8, 2008

sweet and simple

Sometimes the world gives us annoyances; for my dad, that would be his Jacaranda tree. It looks gorgeous when in full bloom; purple flowers everywhere. Unfortunately, those purple flowers everywhere include his yard. The ground is covered in dried purple flowers by the end of spring. They get in the house, the car, everywhere! I decided to make something beautiful of the mess the other day while over at my parents' house; I made a pretty purple heart!

Today, when Robert got home from work, I realized we looked like "goody two shoes"; he was clad in powder blue and khaki, I in petal pink and khaki! It made me laugh. Since the two of us are techinically three, I pulled out a light green onesie for our future baby Joel and snapped some shots.

4 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

aww look how tiny the baby will be :)
pretty heart!

azHarline said...

I didn't know you had a blog. How have you been? Congrats on your baby boy. hope everything is going well.

The Higham Family said...

you are too cute! I love tiny little onesies as well :)

Jess Root said...

leigh it looks like your dad needs a new driveway. he has more cracks in his than we do in ours. I love the onesie. It is small, but he will probably be smaller!