Thursday, September 18, 2008

... the end ...

I figured I would make a post letting EVERYONE know... the baby is not here yet. I would have told you (duh?!). I am still doing great. I have been having contractions, but nothing strong enough to keep me down. I have two more weeks before the due date, but we will see how it goes. According to the doc, I have been progressing well. I am at 2cm and 70% effaced as of Tuesday (if that grosses you out, get over it. I am having a baby. It gets even more gross). The baby has started to drop, so I have started to waddle. I am now affectionately known as Robert's "little duckling". I finally had to take off my wedding ring about a week and a half ago because my fingers have gotten a little itty bit bigger. It was a depressing realization for me; I absolutely LOVE my ring. The nursery is COMPLETELY finished, so I have no "nesting" left to do... just school. Robert thinks the baby will come by the end of the week; I pray that he is right. I can't complain about pregnancy (having had an awesome pregnancy), but I am done! If you have any tips for inducing labor, send 'em my way!

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

HI LEIGH! Of course I remember you. congrats your baby-good luck-and I wish I could take you with me to translate in Portugal-We both speak Spanish-we're hoping to find some SPanish speakers there.

Clark and Liesel said...

Thanks for the update! I have been wondering whats going on with baby Joel. I guess he must like it in there and wants to stay a few more days! I am anxiously awaiting pictures and the news he's finally here! Good luck with everything! :)

Danielle said...

My mom took castor oil because I was 15 days late. She took it about 11 or so at night, and I was born about 1:54 in the morning. Let me know how that goes for ya.

Debbie Allen said...

We will be waiting for the big day. Your so cute!

EmileeandJonny said...

yeah- all that self induction stuff is a load of poop! I think I tried almost all of it- except the castor oil- NO THANK YOU! I did have a medical induction though and that ended in a baby so I would say it worked pretty well! Consider yourself lucky, I lost my ring about half way through my pregnancy! AND I was only a FINGERTIP dilated when I went in to be induced so at least you have something going for you!

Lisa Payne said...

ok this seems wierd to me, but i was just reading today about "nipple stimulation" ? and that's supposed to help induce labor. But, the very immature side of me wanted to laugh out loud when I read it. Also, I've heard from massage therapists that if you get a foot massage and them rub the part of your foot that's above the heel (that space between your ankle and that hard line on the back of your leg and foot..i don't know the names...my anatomy knowledge sucks) really well, that's supposed to induce labor as well.

Tawni said...

Soo sorry you don't have your baby yet!
I'm glad I found your blog.
Can't wait to see the baby.

email me if you want an invite to my blog
tawnilenise@cox.net