Saturday, August 15, 2009

the end

The end. Not really. I have finished all of the projects I had set out to accomplish (minus the rocking chair... ugh). Plus more.
Kitchen window valences...
Done.
Lucas's framed name for the nursery...
Done.
Backpack for my mom for Key West...
Done.
Stinkin' cute dress for my niece Taylor...
Done.
A handful of bows and flowers for Taylor's headbands...
Done.
Guess what?! I am done. Sure, I may find projects to occupy my time along the way. But I have completed everything that sparked my interest. I had one productive summer. Now I shall hibernate for the fall and winter... Oh, and give birth somewhere in there.
For those of you who are curious as to how I get everything done with a 10 month old; I often ignore him (not even kidding around here). He doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. He is very independent and would rather be doing his own thing anyway. Sometimes I work while he naps, but when he is awake he is preoccupied with the piano or windows (like at this moment, for instance. He is banging away on the piano). We have a good relationship.

3 comments:

Lisa Payne said...

yay yay yaya!!!

Amelia Smith said...

Oh my gosh, you have the cutest blog! I love all these things you have made. I want to see your house :)

Laura said...

Hahaha! Leigh I'm so glad I found your blog! I love your attitude on motherhood. It makes me feel like less of a crappy mommy when I ignore my baby to get some things done. Love and miss you!