Friday, August 21, 2009

or not...

I lied. I am not done. I don't think I am the type of person that will ever be done. I tried relaxing on Monday and Tuesday. No good. I went crazy. More so than I now feel like with my unhappy child (who drives me nuts on a regular basis. Teething is not a fun stage). Wednesday I came up with an idea and began that project. This one will take some time, but it is something I have wanted to do for three years. Lets just say
this: plus this:
equals something that will be ridiculously awesome
(Nikki, you will appreciate this one).
So, at my baby shower last year I received the CUTEST quilt from Robert's Aunt Nancy. I love it so much that I decided both boys need to have one. Lucas will get the one Aunt Nancy made; Joel will get the new green one I made yesterday.
I am still smiling about the fact I made this. Hidden seam. Hand tied. Oh yeah.
I also made a blue plush blankie for Lucas yesterday (Joel has a green one). I don't want one boy to be jealous of the other over stuff, so I am making sure they each have their own items (and yes, I am color coordinating them. Joel gets green, Lucas gets blue).
Today has been spent making diaper cakes (and NOT cleaning the entire house. Amazing, I know... that will be tomorrow). I have at least three baby showers coming up in the near future, two of which within the next week. Rolling and rubber-banding diapers is about as fun as it sounds...
Yes, Crystal, one is for you. :)
I physically (and mentally) can't sit still. It just doesn't happen for me. Who knows what I will undertake next....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You make the best looking diaper cakes, though I must say they taste much worse than they look.

Danielle said...

Leigh,
Let me just say that I am so excited for your Africa project-I'm sure that it will bring back some dear memories for me too. You are one amazing woman, wife, and mother though...love you!

~Crystal~ said...

Oh Leigh, thank you! I'm so excited to see that adorable diaper cake tomorrow, I have to admit I've never seen one in real life before...crazy I know! I sure hope that I can be as motivated as a Mom as you are, after this baby comes. I really don't know how (being pregnant right now yourself) you have all the energy to do what you do. You're just amazing!!!

Bobs said...

I'm sure you could think of a million things to do at my house.