Monday, February 14, 2011

Ode to Love

I might get in trouble for this since Leigh has already posted today, but I thought that I would share some thoughts.

Since being a parent of two with another on the way, we have had to manage our money a little more. Therefore, we really didn't do much for Valentine's Day this year. Leigh likes surprises, so I want everyone to know how much I love my dear wife. And I can say that I did give her a present (though I don't know why she would need anything else - I should be present enough).

For those of you who know Leigh, you all know how wonderfully talented she is. She takes on any project that seems interesting to her (scrapbooking, crafts, party planning, photography, etc) and just seems to have a knack at excelling at them. Which is good for us, because if it were up to me, our house would be pretty bare. And one color.

Leigh is also a person filled with emotion. If you upset her, she gets quite upset. But when someone is lucky enough to become her friend, they have a friend for life. I was the lucky guy that snatched her up first. I know that when I get home, I have a loving wife waiting for me, excited for me to return home.

Leigh is also a wonderful mother. Unfortunately, I feel that this last one gets overlooked often. People come to expect certain things from women, and one of those is to be a mother. Let me tell you, it is hard work. I get exhausted just being with my boys for three hours in the evening. I can't imagine how a whole day would drain someone. But Leigh has done a wonderful job of raising two beautiful boys. I couldn't be more proud of my children, and the reason why they are the way they are is because of their mom.

There is more that I could mention, but it is 11:45 at night and my wife might be wondering why I haven't made it upstairs yet. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!