Monday, May 23, 2011

man

So. Been thinking a lot, lately. Pause. Rewind. I ALWAYS think a lot (one of Robert's main "complaints"). Regardless of how often or how much I think, lately I have been thinking a lot about Robert. Perspective changes over time. Dating. Marriage. Parenthood. Roles are constantly being redefined. I never contemplated the strain children could have on a marriage until I HAD children of my own (I mean, how could you know how something is going to be until you are experiencing it?!). Sometimes it feels like Robert and I just... coexist. That we are two adults who happen to live together while caring for small children. I know this is "common". I know this is "normal". But that doesn't mean I have to like it or have to settle for it. So. Been thinking a lot, lately. And getting back in touch with why and how much I love and respect Robert. Any time the topic of marriage comes up, whether it be with him or with friends, my adoration and gratitude for Robert is strengthened tenfold. Sometimes just catching a glimpse of a photo of him is enough to put a smile on my face. Though I often joke that he is dull, boring, or plain, Robert is so many things. Generous. Kind. Thoughtful. Valiant. Hardworking. Respectful. Diligent. Honest. Maybe even a little bit nerdy and a lot a bit sarcastic. And even if that newlywed passion has, well, died off, I still know that Robert's world revolves around me JUST by the way that he looks at me and the way he treats me. I wouldn't change that for anything - even all the newlywed passion in the world. I cherish him.
Oh. Since most/many/some/few of you may be curious. Nothing. Still waiting. 5 days until my due date. 3cm & like... 90-100%. No contractions. No induction date set. So NO CLUE when this will happen. Ps. Lucas came 5 days early. But I am not holding my breath...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Leigh, I'm glad Robert married you. :)

Amy said...

you guys are wonderful together. The rough times can solidify a marriage or tear it apart. I'm glad you can pick the solidify side.

Mandi Abaroa said...

I understand completely. I'm only 6 months into figuring what it's like to be a mom, and I'm still trying to figure out the whole "parenting" aspect to our marriage. But that is why I look so forward to date night on Friday. :) Love you to pieces Leigh. I admire your posts and your sweetness!