Sunday, August 21, 2011

stuff

HI! I am still here, despite my lack of posts. Main culprit? Pinterest. Addicted. But using it for the good: I have been doing "preschool" with my boys for the last seven weeks. Half way through the alphabet. And I INTEND to blog about it. Just not yet. I am learning why people say the third child is the hardest. I still believe one was the most difficult [for me], but having three means NO TIME. So many things I want to get done in the day, but half of them never happen. I am grateful I have been doing "preschool" daily! But that means projects are put on the back burner. The biggest thing I have been working on is POTTY TRAINING. I was terrified to start. Didn't want to think about all the work that would go into it. Didn't want to deal with accidents and messes. But I did it. Just took off Joel's diaper [and pants] Monday morning and told him no more (out side of nap and bedtime). AND HE HAS DONE WONDERFUL. Only two accidents in the last week. Both were when he was away from home with shorts on (he spends his days naked - from the waist down - while at home to help prevent accidents). It seriously has been easy peasy. I don't have to tell him to go sit on the potty every 30 minutes. He just goes when he needs to. Soon (hopefully) he will be wearing his ridiculously cute underwear. Eek! Lucas has been, well... exhausting. Screaming fits at night still. Gets distraught when Joel falls asleep before he does. Goes out into the upstairs hall and cries at the railing. Tonight we found him passed out on the floor outside his room. Poor guy. Daniel is coming around. Not as unhappy as he spent his first couple months of life. Smiling a lot more. "Talking" a lot more. Even laughing a little. We know he is REALLY happy when both of his dimples are showing. Robert and I... meh. Nothing new. Our life basically revolves around our children. We spend our nights talking about our little ones and the pathetic monsoon season. The latter of which is SO depressing this year. Like 3 or 4 good storms in the last 2 months. Luckily, I always have my camera at the ready. So when a rare storm DOES blow in, I get some awesome shots. Oh my boring, boring life. Ha!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cool lightening! sleeping Lukas, so cute. And Daniel, what a little heart-breaker!

Good job on the potty-training!

Stephen and Amy said...

How did you get that lightning shot?? You are wonderful. And because you are a mommy of 3, no one is going to judge you for projects getting put on the back burner. You amaze me :)

Angie said...

I'm even more scared now for boy #3! Ugh! I can hardly get the house taken care of now, seriously, what am I going to do when I REALLY can't get the house taken care of during the day... oh boy, the coming months are going to be tricky. Good thing I've got a great husband to help out with things!
So glad that potty training has gone great for you!

ldspoerl said...

You rock. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your life.

Jessica said...

Oh I so wish I could help you with Lucas. Story of my life! It has taken a VERY loooong time for Cardon to figure things out. But he goes to bed like a champ now. Here's to hope {and maybe a prayer or two} for you!!

oh and thanks for the warning. next time we come over we will have a 'show' HA HA! Glad Joel is doing well with the potty training.