Friday, August 12, 2011

ugh

Going to post. Nay, rant. Going to rant. I LOVE my children. Dearly. I really do. But some days... Some days parenting is not my favorite thing in the world. Everyone in our family has adjusted well to baby Daniel. First two months were much better than I had anticipated. Especially since everyone says the third child is the hardest. For me, the hardest still remains the first child. Anyway. Two or so weeks ago, Joel started having issues when going to bed. Started by crying for water. The first night he only calmed down when we gave in. Which we only did because we were flabbergasted by this unnatural behavior. The second night, we made sure he got a nice big drink before going upstairs to bed. Again, crying for water. Several nights of screaming and crying. Then Lucas picked up where Joel left off. All of a sudden, we cannot close the door or turn off the hall light because Lucas began SCREAMING and pounding on the bedroom door nightly. Bloody murder. Once we finally calmed Lucas down on the screaming front, Joel picked back up again with the water thing. Or ice. Or singing another song. So on and so on. And, by request, we have received all sorts of advice on how to handle the situation. My personal tactic, let them scream it out. If they have a clean diaper, a full belly and good health, they can learn to get over it. Unfortunately, this meant Joel screamed for two solid hours the other night. Seriously. Really frustrated over the fact that my normally amazing sleepers have been so terrible at bedtime. Not to mention embarrassed for the neighbors' sake. UGH. -End rant-

5 comments:

Unknown said...

all i can say to this is. YEP.

EmileeandJonny said...

Sorry! At least they once used to sleep good. Neither of my boys are! In fact we barely got Jarom out of sleeping in my room. After Trav was born I just couldn't tell him no, I was too tired and it wasn't worth the fight. Trav- he still wakes up 2-4 times a night and he's almost 1! AH, I want a normal night sleep again!

Amy said...

Love you, babe. I know you love your kiddos so much even though they're so hard sometimes. Here's a virtual hug and bar of chocolate! Hope it gets better real soon. You're awesome to me.

Brian and Ami said...

I think I have left a comment before, but I am Mandi Abaroa's older sister. I just love your blog and your rants! I have two little ones fairly close in age (15.5 months apart, a boy then a girl)... I can relate to SOOO many challenges, rants and funny stories you have posted... Thank you for your blog!

Jessica said...

When Cardon screamed at his door, when we shut him in, sometimes it helped if we sat by the door...not always though. Feel your pain sister! Cardon was up twice two nights ago and just FINALLY figured out that if he comes out of his bed he goes right back in...and mom and dad are not doing anything interesting when he is in his bed.