Wednesday, April 11, 2012

wednesday what

Look at that beautiful thing. Lemon-glazed tea cake. It was as delicious as it looks.
Recipe found HERE (though I substituted the brown rice flour with my AMAZING GF flour...)
This was my Easter contribution. Slightly disappointed that more people didn't try it.
More for me, right?
Considering I ate tea cake for breakfast, lunch, and dessert on Monday...

Easter was a roller coaster of a day.
Boys opened their baskets from the Easter bunny. Total excitement over trivial items. Score.
Got to church early. Not out of the norm for us. But still nice.
Realized the little infection on Daniel's leg was now the size of a ping pong ball.
Try to text my mom. No response. Waiting. Waiting.
Response. If it is hot and swollen, go to urgent care.
It is hot and swollen. We leave after Sacrament meeting for urgent care.
Urgent care was quick and easy. Antibiotics and ointment for infection.
Oh, btw, Daniel might have MRSA. A drug-resistant strain of staph. Awesome.
Back to church for Relief Society. Might have gotten emotional at a story shared.
Home for lunch and nap. The boys were perfect. For once.
Put the glaze on my cake and try to go all Martha Stewart with sugar dusting. Fail.
Headed to my family's Easter dinner. Boys hunted for eggs. I sadly sat on the sidelines.
Dinner. Delicious food. No awkward or annoying comments made. Win.
Easter baskets opened. Boys loved their stuff. No fighting. Amazing.
Headed to Robert's family's house. Personal drama resulted in my meltdown.
Eventually pulled myself together and enjoyed the time with family.
Went home happy. Kids started acting up. Turned into full out monsters.
Bath time and bed time were a disaster. But eventually they fell asleep.
The frustrations of the day wore on me and Robert. We didn't relax during OUR time.
I passed out as Robert was trying to right our woes. Oops.
And that was our Easter. The good, the bad, and all else in between.

Robert and I don't fight a lot. At least I don't think we do. Disagree? Yes. Argue? Kinda. Fight? No.
Besides, I forget I am 7.5 months pregnant. And ridiculously emotional. RIDICULOUSLY. Which does not help.
The pictures below are from throughout our day.
No candy. Only one egg with fruit snacks. And they didn't even care.
That plastic tub in the background? All their eggs.
Me and my cousin. She is due a week after me.

3 comments:

Mary said...

LOVE that your Easter baskets are full of books and simple toys and not chalk full of candy! (or maybe all the candy's hidden underneath)

Amanda Kristeen said...

Leigh! I just saw your blog - so cute, & I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations! :) You look great and your family's so cute. Gotta' love those pregnancy hormones. ;P They're absolutely ridiculous. Good luck!

Amy said...

Easy peasy easter. That's my style.

Have you tried lavender essential oil for Daniel?

Looking forward to seeing you at your shower! Got something super freaking cute for your princess!