Saturday, February 16, 2008

sweetheart dance

Our ward (and maybe a couple of others included) had a Valentine's dance. It was such a blast. I was hesitant to go at first... I have an abnormal fear of being around people I don't know (I know, this is Leigh talking....), especially people who are in my ward. After finding our friends Josh & Aimee, I felt a little more comfortable. Within being there for an hour, I was on the dance floor acting crazy with Aimee and old friend Kim (Johnson) Higham! Throughout the night, the DJ would read off when or where people first met and if the wife knew she was being talked about, she won a prize. Aimee made off with a cute bear mid-way through the dance. There was a hula hoop contest, a twist contest, and a limbo contest. I won the latter, winning a pretty flowering plant (that I killed within 12 hours). Later on, our other friends Amy and Cory met up with us and joined in the fun!

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

CUTE!!!

Julie said...

Hi Leigh,
I clicked on you from Aimee's blog...I hope you don't mind me being nosy!! In case you dont know me, I'm in your ward...and you should never be nervous about being around people from your ward...we think all of you young couples are so cute!! Not to mention the fact that you bring life back into the ward.