Tuesday, June 24, 2008

play time!

This past weekend was a fun one! It has been a while since Robert and I had set plans for a weekend, but this past weekend we were booked! On Friday night, we met up with several of Robert's siblings and their families for a game night. We all hung out at his parents' house (who were out of town with his two youngest sisters... so we basically reeked havoc) and played Rock Band. Michael smoked some ribs, but they magically turned into a ball of fire, so we opted for pizza instead. Luckily for me, some ribs were set aside in the oven, so I had something to eat as well. After food, we played. The intent of the game night was NOT Rock Band, but that was all we did for the rest of the evening. Several of us were bummed because we wanted to play Curses, Apples to Apples, or Imagine If... but we all had fun regardless!
Saturday, after Robert got home from work, we went to a pool party hosted by my friend Amanda and her hubby, Brent. It was like a blast from the past! Almost all of the friends have been friends since junior high. Brent cooked up hamburgers for everyone while we caught up on the happenings in each others lives. Nearly all of us are married, three of us are pregnant (the other two are a few weeks further along, but I look the furthest), and one already has an 11 month old little boy! After food, we swam. Swimming is so entertaining when you are a little kid. When you get older, swimming isn't the same... so we spiced it up. We got a little crazy, needless to say. Robert and I really enjoyed ourselves. When the party dwindled to a close, Robert and I went to the movies with Brent and Amanda. We saw Kung Fu Panda; way fun!
Luckily, Sunday wasn't as "go-go-go" as the rest of the weekend, so we were able to relax and enjoy some time together. After church, we went over to my parents' house; my dad made us steak. YUM!
I have a bunch of pictures from the game night on Friday, but none yet of the pool party (still working on that). Enjoy!

6 comments:

brett and carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brett and carly said...

Hi lady! Not sure if you remember me... (Wanda, Summer of the Swans... you know it was a good time!) but I was browsing blogs and found you and had to say HI! :) You look so happy and I'm so excited for you and your upcoming baby!!!

The Higham Family said...

Man, I wish I could have gone to that party. I'm glad it turned out to be fun! And get on those pictures....now! lol Juust kidding :)

Clark and Liesel said...

How fun! I so wish I could have been there! I haven't any of you guys in ages! I would LOVE to see pics! Amanda is sooo great! I miss you both!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

I know it sucks.
Hopefully yours will work out but i even talked to another loan officer and ALL FHA loans are behind at least 3 weeks!
so good luck!
that sucks about the interest rate too! but what can you do lol
its just weird because here at my moms i have nothing to do lol
the past month i've spent everyday cleaning and packing!!

Ashley Madsen said...

I didn't know Robert was Matt's cousin. I actually don't know Matt, but I went to school with his wife and have known her for years! How is everything going with your new condo? When do you get to move in?