Monday, July 7, 2008

the fourth

Fourth of July was great. It has been a while since Robert has had a day off, so this holiday was much needed. We took advantage of this and SLEPT IN! After lunch, Robert and I went to the movies; we saw Get Smart. Entertaining. When the movie was over, we ran home to grab our swimsuits before heading over to my parents house to swim. I love being in the pool! Being in water makes me forget that I have gained a lot of weight and am now "front" heavy. Joel also likes when I am in the water; he always starts moving around and kicking when I swim. Hopefully he will be a water baby like I was. At five, we went over to Robert's parents house for a BBQ. The burgers were delicious! After dinner, Robert serenaded me while playing piano. He has his romantic moments, even if they are selfish (he does it just to play the piano). Luckily I had my camera, so I recorded him playing and singing. We provided dessert; a festive rice krispie treat! We also brought his sisters "fire crackers" made out of life savers (I do crafts to be decorative, not patriotic...). I was pushing Robert to go see fireworks, so we left at nine and headed for Tempe Town Lake. What a MISTAKE! The traffic was hideous; we ended up going eight or so miles out of our way JUST to get away from the lake. We called it quits on the fireworks, jumped on the freeway, and headed home. On the freeway, I snapped a couple shots of the MCC fireworks display (that's why the picture looks crazy). We fell asleep that night watching Ocean's Eleven. Overall, a relaxing day!
Saturday was spent with more relaxing and quite a bit of packing. It is strange how bare our living room is! Hopefully we will be in our new place this weekend (keep your fingers crossed)!
And to start off this week well, I was awarded $5000 for my final semester at ASU! That means that I will be receiving a check for about $2300 at the beginning of the semester (on top of the check he will be getting for about $1000). I love free schooling!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Leigh, your hubby does a great job on the piano!! Good Luck with your move and keep in touch via blog when your gone.