Monday, November 10, 2008

what's all the HUB bub, bub?

The most EVENTFUL thing for me this past week involves my car. Now, I am not one to name my car or consider it my "baby", but I do take some pride in it. Well, as I was loading Baby in the back of the car to go to the in-laws', I realized something was off. I couldn't figure out why the back tire looked like a donut. Then I realized that the tire was too large to be a donut. I stepped back from the car. This isn't my car! Wait... the car seat base is in the back and my shell necklace and otter are hanging from the rear-view mirror... This IS my car! But... but... SOMEONE STOLE MY FLIPPIN' HUB CAPS! Seriously, people. Who would do such a thing, especially since they were dinged up like crazy?! Now I have a ghetto car. At least it looks relatively decent now that it has been through the car wash. I would have a picture, but the situation so.
Robert is doing MUCH better (this evening he told me he knew he was better since he had the "munchies"). Luckily for me, he is back to helping me 100% with Joel.
Baby Joel has hit a few milestones this week. On Saturday, he "turned" one month old. I was going to take pictures, but his little face was BRIGHT RED with baby acne (it made me so sad). On Sunday, he was blessed by his Daddy. The blessing circle consisted of Robert (daddy), Barry (grandpa), Jess (great-grandpa), Jess (uncle), James (uncle), Troy (uncle), Jared (uncle) and Bishop LeBaron. Thank you to all who came and/or participated. He was perfect during the blessing; no tears or crying. Later on Sunday, he smiled voluntarily at me for the first time. It was such an amazing feeling to know he was smiling in recognition of my voice and face. Joel was able to "meet" with all but one cousin this past week (Little Seth, we may see you in April). Joel knows exactly how to handle such a LARGE family; sleep. He is good at that!

Blessing Day
Smile!
He never looks the same from picture to picture (I promise it is the same baby). It's weird, I know.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That stinks. Hope you survive in the ghetto car. Your little guy is so cute!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

was robert so nervous? Josh was lol

it is funny how he doesn't look the same in pictures lol

EmileeandJonny said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously? I would be so mad if my hubcaps were stolen! Right after I got my car (Honda Civic) the honda sign (the H) on the front of my car was stolen and I was not happy about that! But at least it only cost like 10 dollars to replace that!!!

Bobs said...

K how cute is he! I love the picture of him smiling. Hey can you send me that picture that you took when I came over? thanks!