Saturday, January 9, 2010

what the new year?

Can I just start by saying Y2K was TEN years ago? Remember, people buying necessities in bulk, freaking over computer crashes, and thinking the world was going to come to an end? Weird.
New Years Day was great for us; we spent nearly the entire day away from the kids (I LOVE my children very, very much - don't get me wrong. But do you know the last time Robert and I TRULY spent quality time together, 'cause I don't...)! My parents took us to see AVATAR in 3D. Holy. Freaking. WOW. I rarely get excited over movies... not even Lord of the Rings sparked much of a reaction from me. AVATAR, however, pretty much changed my life. Really. That amazing. Can't describe why. Go see it. You'll understand.
You know you want some 3D glasses like us....
After the movie... no. Not movie. Experience. After the experience, my parents took us out to eat at Charleston's. Guess what. They have a gluten-free menu. Pretty much made my night. Oh, and the food was DELICIOUS. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
Since New Years Day, my life has mainly focused on these two precious boys:
Just look at all the joy they bring me...
Joel likes to play with his cousin Taylor. She is teaching him to share; she doesn't put up with his whining or bullying.
Oh, and Taylor (who is 9 months) is the same size as Lucas (who is 3 months). We make big babies. Who would have thought?
For Christmas, my parents bought a gift for Robert that was mainly for me (to use on Robert). I had made mention throughout the year of purchasing said gift as a practicality; a major money-saver. Thanks Mom and Dad. I used it today!
Yeah, his hair is kinda short (the fact that his ears poke out does not help how short his hair looks). But he was getting "wings". Despite being racked with nerves the entire time, I think I did a fairly good job for my first hair cutting experience. Not only did I cut hair today, I styled hair as well. Tonight was Robert's sister Beth's Winter Formal. Woo hoo! She looked marvelous, thanks to me and Lisa. Oh, and because she is beauftiful in general.
Ps. Even if you don't comment, I can see that you are at least looking at my blog, which makes me happy. Thank you! I feel loved.

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I HAVE to agree, Avatar was not a movie, it was an totally an Experience! Loved it!!!
I'm glad you had a good New Years! :D

Brittany said...

Happy New Year! We miss you guys. Guess what?! I just got called to be a primary teacher today. Thought of you.

Lisa Payne said...

yes, you make giant babies...and i make miniature ones...if only we could find a happy medium...

Laura said...

K, first of all, my brother worked on some of the animation in Avatar. Awesome I know! I cannot get over Lucas - he's so cute! and it makes me miss my baby being that little.

ginalenore said...

Avatar was pretty freaking sweet. Especially the 3-d...I'm quite excited for all the 3-d movies coming out in the next little bit, namely TOY STORY.. :)

In other news, good job on the hair cutting thing. I would LOVE to be able to use clippers to just cut Travis's hair! Yeah. You'll have to give me lessons when you've had a bit more experience and we can buy clippers! :)