Tuesday, January 12, 2010

what?!

Today was this big guy's 15 month check-up with the doctor:
26.3 lbs
31.75 in
12 teeth
12+ words
Though our appointment was scheduled at 4pm, we didn't get seen until 4:45pm. It was an interesting wait; I discovered that MY child is the obnoxious little kid who runs around the lobby. You know, the one who screams once a parent tries to hold his hand and direct him to a chair. Yeah. Joy. I wasn't upset over the wait being a waste of my time; I was embarrassed that my child was practically dislocating his shoulders in order to get away from me while whining continuously. Do I really have THAT kid? No... I can't.
The visit itself was great - for a doctor's visit. Joel was scheduled to receive 2 shots, but ended up getting 4. Somehow, Robert and I walked in for Joel's 15 month appointment and walked out also receiving shots. Hmm. What a way to catch an adult off guard: prepare yourself to see your child poked repeatedly so you don't have time to think about YOUR fear of shots. If I get Guillain-Barre, I'm suing. Or if I get H1N1.

4 comments:

Dawn Davis said...

don't worry, I have THAT kid too. Except mine likes to run as fast as he can through the open door and down the back hallway. Or, when I try to play with him and trap him in my legs he decides to jump and face plant resulting in a rug burn down the entire side of his face. the joys of toddler-hood huh??

Laura said...

Yay for flu shots! Don't worry, you won't get the flu from the shot... you aren't fully protected for about 2 weeks post-shot though... oh, well.

Amber H. said...

Shots are the worst! I have to take the twins before they start school and I'm dreading it. Yuck. And I love the visual of the doctor's visit. Too funny.

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Oh the things I'll probably get to look forward to... ha ha! Love you!