Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day


For those of you who pay attention to this blog, you get a treat! I, Robert, decided to grace your presence with a post. Now, I am not all that blog-savvy like Leigh, but here goes.

Basically, I just wanted to let the world know how great of a mother I am married to. While Mother's Day is usually dedicated for the kids doing something for the mother, I don't imagine Lucas or Joel doing anything too spontaneous. So I want to share some of the attributes that I see in their mother for them.

Dedicated: Leigh works really hard on any project presented to her. Those that know her are probably smiling and nodding at this time. She puts all of her effort into making something perfect. I hope that this will rub off on our children, that they can see the importance of pride in what you accomplish.

Support: For this past couple of semesters, Leigh has been working hard without too much of my help. While I am trying to further my education, she has had to put our boys to bed some nights without me being home. As a father, it makes me sad sometimes knowing that I don't get to see my boys some days, but knowing that she is there to raise and comfort them is a comfort to me.

Loving: As we have discovered, having kids seriously changes the dynamics in a relationship. Leigh has striven hard to make sure our relationship is still a strong and healthy one. Once again, for those of you that know her, you know how much Leigh cares about people that she develops a relationship with. It is not easy for her to see someone leave her life. I have been lucky enough to be a part of her life.

While there are so many other things that I appreciate about Leigh, I really probably should be going to bed now. She is probably wondering where I am. Just know, babe, that you are loved.


Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

leigh is one of the hardest working mothers i know. she is an amazing mother!! go leigh you rock! have a wonderful mothers day.

Reidhead Family said...

Go Robert! Way to wish Leigh a great Mother's Day- very thoughtful- Robert should blog more often :) However, it is hard to surpass Leigh's impressive blogging abilities!