Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-Day

Well, it's that time of year again when husbands start stressing about what to do for their wives. Or at least I do. For those of you who know me, I am not the most romantic guy out there. Don't get me wrong, I let my wife know that I love her. It's those special little things, though, that I am not good at. Despite that, Leigh is still with me, which must mean something, right?

I just wanted to let those who aren't able to see it how special of a girl that Leigh Whitney Root is:


Spunk:


I am sure everyone that know Leigh understands where I am coming from on this one. Leigh is a very...let's see...strong-willed person. When she has her mind fixed on something, it is fixed. No matter what you do or say, she will not be swayed. But that is something that makes her amazing. For example, we have now been living in our new house for just over two months. While it wasn't in shambles, Leigh saw things that needed to be improved. And in the time that we have been living here, she has done her best to make it more of a home: a place where our children can grow comfortably and enjoy their surroundings and neighbors. Stay tuned, though. She has a lot more planned for the house.


Laugh:


Leigh has a very unique laugh. When we were dating and first married, she was obviously more care-free, and she laughed more freely. Not many of you may know this, be she is a snorter when she laughs hard enough. It takes a bit to get her going now, but it's still there. And there is not many things that make me smile more than hearing her laugh so freely.


Sacrifice:


Now, Leigh's parents might laugh at this one since she was raised as an only child. But Leigh has sacrificed quite a bit for our small family. Leigh has always wanted to be a mother. And she is pretty darn good at it, if I say so myself. But it is a trying ordeal to raise three crazy boys (sorry, Mom for the burden of 9 children). She doesn't get much alone time. She worked hard for a college degree (which she finished after giving birth to our oldest), but put any idea of a career on hold to be able to raise our beautiful children.


Beauty:


This is one that I am sure everyone can see. I don't know how I got so lucky to marry someone so beautiful, but I definitely married out of my league. I am so happy that I am able to wake up to her face every morning. And, quite frankly, I am sure that she is the reason why our kids are so darn adorable.


I could keep going, but I do have work that I need to get to. The most important thing that I want the world to know is that I love Leigh Root so much, and I am so grateful that I can be by her side for eternity.


Happy Valentine's Day, Leigh Root!

(PS Happy Birthday Arizona! Visit here to read a quick blurb about my Grandpa)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys are just too presh!!! aside from the lovey lovey that robert feels for you leigh, i love you to. :)

Amy said...

Robert, from someone who loves Leigh dearly, I just have to say I am so glad she has you by her side. This post got me a little teary!!
I've known her for a long time and it makes me happy to see her happy.
You're a great man!

Amy Hale said...

Ok...this is so cute.