Monday, February 2, 2009

two weeks

I have been crazy busy with my new calling, Baby, and other babies (showers, births, and whatnot). But there have been some blog-worthy events...
First, Bobbi had her baby! Yay! Cyrena Diane was born Jan. 21st at 9:06pm and weighed 7lbs, 15oz. Bobbi's smallest baby thusfar, but her worst labor. I visited the next day; it is so hard to remember Joel being so small (granted, he was never that small, but that young)! She is beautiful.
Second, we purchased a froggie cool mist humidifier for Baby's room. Great Buy. It has helped his skin SO much (he has eczema. lovely). Besides the fact that it helps, it is freaking cute!
Third, my close friend Gina came over one day to visit before work. I miss being in school with her, but I am grateful I graduated all the same. She visited me in the hospital the day after I had Joel. I just had to snap a shot of her holding him again. Um... what swallowed my baby?
Fourth, I went to my friend Erica's baby shower; she is due at the end of this month. It is so crazy! A bunch of my friends have been or will be giving birth within a 2 month period. I feel left out (not really)! Though she is close to her due date, she doesn't look ridiculously big... mainly because her little one has dropped already. Good luck Erica!
Fifth (almost done, I promise), Robert had the opportunity to sing the national anthem with two friends: Rick H. and Jeremy L. They sang twice at an AML cancer benefit, LONDON'S RUN & RIDE. There was a half marathon and a horseback riding event. They did a great job.
Sixth (and last, I swear), Robert and & I were greeted Sunday morning with a rude awakening; someone smashed two florecent light bulbs (the long skinny ones) against the hood of Robert's truck. People are so stupid. Glass covered the hood, windshield, and top of Robert's truck. Though the broken glass came off easily, there was some permanent damage where the imacts were. Freaking MORONS. Blah. But there is not much we can do about it, so whatever.

Holding Cyrena
Awesome froggie humidifier
Gina with Joel at birth and at 4 months

Amanda, Me, Joel, Erica, Tiffany, & Kristi
(Yes, I am short)
Robert, Rick, & Jeremy at LONDON'S RUN & RIDE
Glow stick baby!
Robert's poor truck (click to enlarge)

2 comments:

Afton LeSueur said...

I just saw erica the other day, and I can't believe she is due so soon! she doesn't look big at all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.