Wednesday, September 30, 2009

one last hurrah

So, despite my growing lack in motivation, I have been able to accomplish a few last tasks. It seems like EVERYONE has been or will be having babies! I have made so many diaper cakes recently that I DREAM about rolling diapers. Odd.
Two of my beauties... (Oh, and they contain MUCH MORE than just diapers)
I was asked to co-conduct a Relief Society activity, "Bows, flowers, and headbands!". Somewhat stressful to prepare for since I wasn't really given any direction to go in (not to mention nearly 9 months preggers). But we pulled it off nicely! The turn-out was great, too.
Lisa Marie, the small maroon flower, small cream flower, and polka dot bow are yours!
Lastly, I have finished everything I wanted to complete in the nursery. Such a GREAT feeling. It started with pillow shams (made from a curtain matching the bedding set). Then the mobile was hung and bins were purchased for diapers (green for Joel, blue for Lucas). It ended with the glider. Robert's brother gave us a glider he didn't use; the cushions of said glider were... well, let's just say they had to go. So I made new cushions from scratch (NOT easy when cushions need to have VERY specific dimensions). There. My last BIG project before pushing out a baby.
The nursery, in all its glory...
Now. Baby (fetus baby) update. I am dilated to basically 4cm and pretty much fully effaced. I feel like if I so much as sneeze, the baby will just fly out. No more doc appointments; the next time I see him I will be giving birth. If I don't go into labor on my own, I will be induced at 5am on October 8th (Joel's first birthday). So... soon (which is NOT a word I would use to describe when we will be thinking about having #3, thank you)...
For your viewing pleasure (Joel enjoys watching it)... :)

4 comments:

Amanda and Brent said...

First of all, Joel is so adorable! Yeah to walking...now you know you will be busy :)

Secondly...are you planning to teach me how to make all the cute things you make from bows to decorations?

You are amazing!

EmileeandJonny said...

Good job on all the projects! I still want the info on how to make those flowers please!!! and good luck on giving birth- hopefully its easier the second time around!

The Mckays said...

you need to post some belly pics. i bet you are so adorable!

Laura said...

Hey Leigh, any way you can post the wooden framed letters project tutorial on your craft blog? I love them and want to do it!