Tuesday, July 6, 2010

fourth

We have gone swimming a lot lately. Sometimes just us. Sometimes with friends. Regardless of who we swim with, it is always nice to take a dip in the pool during this sizzling season.
Swimming with J and baby c
These baby floats are amazing! I use to have one when I was this small...

Fourth of July was pretty low-key for us. Went to church. Visited with Robert's family. Ate with my family. Steak. Steak fries. Dill cucumbers. Tomatoes. Rainer cherries. The most delicious all-American meal ever. Took a swim afterwards (guess what. Don't care if it was Sunday. Swimming on the 4th is a family tradition). No fireworks (too difficult with two kids an hour past their bedtime). When we left my parents' house, though, we got a little sample of Joel + fireworks. My parents' neighbors were lighting firecrackers. Joel walked out the door right as one went off in front of him. Stopped dead in his tracks from a full run. BOOM. SCREAM. Loudest I've ever heard him (and the kid has lungs). Tears. shaking. He has never clung so tight to me before. I will admit, the firecracker caught me off guard and I may have let out a little yelp. Maybe. You'll never know. All in all, our Fourth was pleasant. I celebrated as much as I felt I should.
Seriously. Mouthwatering.

2 comments:

Tara said...

what a cute shot! Thanks for submitting to Shutter Love Tuesdays.

Unknown said...

Too cute!! (visiting from shutter love Tuesdays)

Love the top left.