Wednesday, July 21, 2010

free

It is no even 10am and it has already been an eventful day. My daily morning routine:
  • Wake up at 8am.
  • Go downstairs and ready breakfast for the troops.
  • Wake the boys up at 8:30am (and by wake, I mean let them free... at this point, they have been awake for nearly two hours).
  • Go downstairs and fed breakfast to the troops.
  • Finish breakfast at 9am.
Now, it doesn't HAVE to be this scheduled. But, despite how late or early I wake up, we always seem to finish by 9am. Today's routine was the same. Woke up at 8am. Went downstairs and readied breakfast for the troops. Woke the boys up at 8:30. Upon opening the door, I found a surprise. No. Not quite like the surprise I received in the last post. Yes. There was a small amount of clothes on the floor. Nothing too frustrating. But Lucas. Oh Lucas. Lucas decided to take off his pajama pants (still don't know how he figured that one out) AND to take off his diaper. Lucas. Sans bottoms. Just sitting in his crib playing with himself. I had to laugh. Since there was no devouring of poop, it was quite hilarious. I put a diaper on him and get them dressed for the day. Go downstairs. Joel refuses help going down stairs; he has been doing it on his own for about 6 months. Today he falls. Down 5 or 6 stairs. Somehow flips in the process. Luckily I was RIGHT there, so I was able to stop him from falling down the entire flight of stairs. He freaks out a little. He refuses help for the rest of the way. Whatever. Fed breakfast to the troops. Kix. Joel loves them, but since we had Rice Krispies the last 2 or 3 days, he HATES Kix. Throws a fit. Elmo's World on Sesame Street. Joel loves it, but since he is angry over breakfast, he HATES Elmo's World. Screams at the top of his lungs. I go into the kitchen to breathe. Joel devours the Kix and says "Elmo" about a billion times. Sigh. Whatever. This has been our morning. I am interested to see what the rest of the day brings...

5 comments:

Mandi Abaroa said...

I love you Leigh..you're a really good blogger, and a good mom. I guess (guess?) I'm looking forward to these same mothering adventures that you share now. But I think because you can prove you can endure them, I know I can too. :) Keep your chin up, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, hurray for toddlerhood. Luckily, (and not so luckily at the same time) it will be over before we know it.

Unknown said...

oh man. those are some of the best mornings. NOT. kids are freakin nuts, and don't worry evelyn is just like joel. no help. falls. anger. hate. happiness. all together random. :)

Brian and Ami said...

Hi Leigh, I am Mandi's older sister - and I have a little boy just a few months younger than Joel... and I completely relate! Our routine is exactly the same - right down to Elmo's World! Some mornings are smooth - others are days where I wish I could just pull my hair out!

Amelia Smith said...

Hi Leigh! It was so fun to "catch up" ;) I don't know how you do it with 2 so close, you're amazing!