Sunday, July 25, 2010

i did, now they are

Two friends getting married soon (well, one is technically a cousin, but she is my friend, too). The first: Marie. One week. Lie. 6 DAYS. Celebrated with her at a surprise bachelorette party. A BLAST. Shakespeare's Pub in Mesa/Gilbert. 9 girls. A bunch of lingerie (it was a bachelorette party for a girl who is getting married, so stop spazzing). A basket full of wonderfully scrumptious goodies (non-edible). Laughter. Tears. We had a candlelight vigil for Marie's previous "boyfriends". She had to say adieu to her beloveds by blowing out the flame.
Yeah... we all look phenomenal. Beyond words. Um... redo?
The second: Kristen. My baby cousin. Two weeks. Lie. 13 DAYS. Celebrated her upcoming nuptials at my mom's house. Threw her a smashing soiree. PINK. Everywhere (slightly resent that color as a result). I made some yummy dessert. My mom provided delish finger food. I am proud of how the decor turned out, especially the food table (yes, you can hire me for your upcoming event). Made a kitchen cake which included a bazillion things. Showered her with all the love I could; she is my ONLY cousin, after all.
Yes. I did it all. By hand. The food was done the DAY OF the party (which is why the chocolate drizzles
on the strawberries are not PERFECT, 'cause normally I would freak over something like that).

5 comments:

The Dark Family said...

Yes... it is simply amazing! I can't wait to get pregnant and have you throw me a baby shower! ;)

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow! Go Leigh! You are professional at throwing parties!

ginalenore said...

Wow. All that pink makes me want to barf a little. (good job though, of course) But...I'm jealous of the bachelorette party! That would have been fun. I got like, ZERO lingerie at my bridal shower. :)

Unknown said...

yay i love weddings. especially all the parties and festivities before hand. your freaking amazing! that food looks so yummy. i want some now.

Reidhead Family said...

Wow Leigh- the food table looked beautiful! And ps.- LOVE all that Pink! (You know I would too). Please plan now- I'd love to hire you in Nov. for Brightlie's 1 yr. b-day party! :)YOU R AMAZING!