Wednesday, January 12, 2011

bittersweet

This day has been... bittersweet. Today was the day that my dear friend laid her sweet baby to rest. I had the opportunity to attend the short yet tender service that was held in her honor. I will not - I cannot - describe the experience of being there; it breaks my heart just to think back to a few hours earlier today. And, as is with all things in life, we cannot dwell on the past; we must continue to move forward.
I will tell you that this entire experience has changed my perspective on so many things. I hug my babies a little bit more. I don't get as frustrated or short with them. I appreciate each jab and kick from the little one within me. I don't get as annoyed or wearied by him. Our time here is just too short to take for granted.

Ella, I will always remember you, even though I never had the opportunity to meet you.

No comments: