Tuesday, January 17, 2012

when a tree falls

Sorry. I have been absent. Especially picture-wise.
Ps. Realized the issue with the pictures. And it makes me feel like an absolute nerd. Sometimes blogger is screwy on me. I will type and publish a new post only to have it appear on the wrong blog. So I delete the post from the wrong blog and post it to the correct one. In the process, blogger asks if I want it to delete all the photos from said post. Which I consent to since I don't want my pictures on the wrong blog, duh. Well... deleting the pictures is clearly not just deleting them from the wrong blog. It deletes them from picasa, the site I use to host my photos. Oops. This explains why a bunch of my Japan pictures didn't work. Blogger defaulted my post to my gluten-free blog. And I deleted that post. Bye bye awesome photos of Japan. At least it is an easy fix for me.
Moving on.
Life has been crazy as of late. So glad the holidays are over. It is not that I don't love all that comes with the holidays. It is just exhausting. And a move and an international trip in the midst of it all just added to the chaos. Since the holidays, we have had some improvements made on the new home (if I ever remember, I will take a couple pictures). We had all new interior doors put in. Ten doors. Three closets. Doors. Hardware. Jams. Everything. The old ones were, well.... hideous. And two doors did not close because of crooked gaps. The two most important doors: guest bath and master bedroom. Those rooms need privacy, thanks. Other doors had issues as well. The closets were bifold. Installed improperly. And falling off. Literally. One fell and hit me as I tried to open it. So every interior door was replaced. The new ones are gorgeous. We even went as far as to have all the doors and frames professionally painted. LOVE it.
Another new improvement to the house: tree removal. We had two eucalyptus trees out front. One dead. One untamable. Huge and ugly. Even the neighbors commented on the hideousness that was our trees. The trees are now GONE. And watching them being felled was awesome. The boys ran from room to room, watching the men work. Since one of the trees was so huge, it had to be cut down the middle. So we watched as essentially three trees came crashing to the ground. And completely hid the street beneath their branches and leaves. Magnificent crash. It was such an event that several neighbors came out to watch as well. Kylie, your dad is awesome. It turns out that we have a HUGE front yard. Only bad thing about the yard being so gargantuan is that we have to consider the future costs of landscaping... It will be worth it though.
The new house is finally starting to feel more like home. Not there yet, but with each new improvement I like the home more than before. Nursery has been painted. Toy room is next. Paint really does wonders...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about house not being a home. i'm still working on it 2 years later. ugh. i love a good tree removal party! :) i need to come over. i am the worst.

Kylie said...

That is so funny....when I was reading at the beginning, I was thinking, I wonder if she knows my dad does tree removals. I bet he could give her a really good deal. And lo and behold he did it :) Glad he was able to get it done for you!