Wednesday, April 1, 2009

goodbye march, hello april!

So... my lack of blogging lately bothers me. Not that I've ever been one to blog consistently. My lack of a computer makes it difficult (not that I don't use Robert's computer almost everyday)... I guess I just figured that I know how frustrated I get when others don't update their blog; I'm guilty of the same crime. So I thought I would make up for it by posting our favorite March photos and videos (which I may not attempt again until I have MY computer... it takes too long using Robert's computer without any of my software).

Photos:
March began with Joel and I going with my mom and her friend to the "Hippie Gypsy" store down by ASU. No, neither my mom nor I am hippie; my mom's friend Linda is the hippie.

Kicking it in our cool shades.

Even at a young age, he has very particular tastes.

Stocking up

So cute, what else is there to say?

Sitting by himself (he has been doing it for a couple weeks now)

Happy FREAKIN' Easter.

Baby Shower for Lisa and baby Taylor!
(I was in charge of all these goodies!)


The baby maker


The headband I made for a diaper cake
(To his father's disapproval, my son makes a lovely model)


Joel... the nut


Our Ward's Primary Bulletin Board that I made
(ps. It is all HAND MADE from paper. No cut-outs or decals or kits here!)
click either picture for better detail


Two fondant cakes I've made recently
The red one is our Primary birthday cake.
The white and black is one I made for my mom's 50th birthday

Videos:

Everyone loves a laughing baby. I guess that is why we love Joel so much!


He was angry one day, so I put him in the swing so he could learn to deal with it. Within a few minutes of me putting him down, this is what I looked over and saw...
My favorite part is how he kicks his feet to propel himself upward...

This video is freakin' hilarious. Robert and I couldn't stop laughing...
(notice how Joel listens to my voice but ignores Robert's)

The final video (but a favorite)
You may have heard me or Robert talk about it; you may have read us blog about it; now you can finally SEE it for yourselves. Turn your head to the left when you view this video.
(it is meant to be viewed as a vertical video rather than horizontal)
Enjoy! :)
Who knew cats could climb up two-story walls?!

4 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Leigh I LOVE your cakes and the bulletin board is amazing! Look at you being so crafty! Looks like you guys have been doing lots of fun things. I can't believe how big Joel is these days!

Afton LeSueur said...

Hi Joel I miss you! Also Leigh, I need your address! I've been meaning to send you a thank you postcard for weeks now, and i have lost your address.

azHarline said...

It looks like you have been busy, so I will forgive you for not updating sooner. I love your cakes, they look so good. You are one crafty lady.

Jonny and Brittany said...

Hahaha! I love the one with your sleepy baby! So cute!!! Where did you learn to bake cakes like that!!!