Saturday, June 13, 2009

As I was doing my weekly clean this morning (yes, I clean my house weekly. Spot-free clean. To an OCD degree. Friends told me that would end once I had a baby. Obviously, they don't know me well enough), while my baby was doing this:
I was listening to this:
Dave Matthews Band. Mmmmm.
with this new toy:
Awesome speakers. 'Nough said.
while eating this:
The most amazing candy bar, hands down.
reminiscing about this:
Hawaii. Two summers ago. One of the greatest moments from this trip occurred unexpectedly. Robert and I were running late for our catamaran sail. We ran down the Waikiki strip in a light rain, laughing the entire way. When we arrived, we found out that the catamaran didn't sail that day; there was some confusion in the booking. On our way back to our hotel, we decided to eat at Cheesecake Factory. Due to being an open-air restaurant, we were continuously shooing pigeons from underneath our table. We laughed so much that day.
and even missing this a little:
Africa. Three summers ago. One of the greatest moments from this trip occurred while I was walking along a foot path in the middle of the jungle. It just hit me, "we are a tiny speck in this world. Why do we focus so much on ourselves when so much can be accomplished when we focus outside ourselves?"

Then I had an semi-epiphany: My life is no longer about my dreams. My life is dedicated to my children making and reaching their own goals.
While I could have days of just this:
I love how this looks and feels:
Besides, this makes me more happy than anything else out there:

3 comments:

brett and carly said...

Love this post. You said so much of how I feel. (Excepting of course the fact that I've never been to Hawaii or Africa!)

The Mckays said...

oh my heck. i just squealed in deligh looking at that last pic. that is the CUTEST thing i EVER saw. you have to blow that up huge and put it on your wall. preferably on canvas. oh my i could die! (this is kyle mckay's wife) cute post.

Stina said...

love it!! oh those pics are great!!

and btw...the ocd cleaning...may be harder to kick than with others. it may take a few more kids. i had OTHER "therapy" :P i wish i could get back to the clean-er me!