Monday, June 29, 2009

still going...

My motivation hasn't slacked yet. I have been completing more projects these past two weeks than I did these last two years (and I've been doing it all with an extremely angry baby)!
I started off by making some wicked-cute fabric flowers. I use these for my hair, but with a safety pin, they can be fastened to clothing or purses (the latter of which is another project I hope to undertake relatively soon). So easy. So adorable. I think I'll make about a bazillion more...
I then jumped into a project that I hadn't been planning on doing for a while. But while crafting with a friend, I found ALL the materials I needed for a ridiculously good price. Can't beat that. I wish I could say this was as easy as the last, but that would be a lie. It turns out that there is a cement disk embedded into fake fruit. Who knew? Not so gentle on my kitchen knives. Finished result: perfect.
My newest project is one that I will be working on for several days (if not more). I have wanted to do this since before Joel was born; since we put the nursery together, to be exact. I inherited a wooden rocking chair. Only problem, it does not match the rest of the furniture in the room (just a bit of my OCD shining through). I (being ever so practical) would rather sand it down and re-stain it than buy a new one. Robert has turned down this idea many-a-time, saying it is pointless. Guess what. Too bad. Time for a make over.
BEFORE:
(AFTER shot coming soon...)
Tomorrow, I get to work on a project, too. Unfortunately, I don't look forward to this project as much as I do to spending hours sanding a rocking chair. What will I be doing tomorrow? Drinking this without vomiting (I feel so lucky...):
Now, if you are wondering about the cranky baby comment, my 9 month old son has decided to throw tantrums like a two year old (which terrifies me for what they will develop into when he actually is two years old). Needless to say, my child has a powerful pair of lungs. Luckily, nearly all of his said tantrums occur at home (so I can still bring him out in public without being humiliated).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I sanded down our extremely ugly coffee table and it looks WAY better. I mean, who wants an orange colored coffee table (orange from age). I did it a couple years ago on the 4th of July in my parents garage. No wasps or bees but man that sweat can kill you just as fast! I am jealous of your cute projects. How do you have time?