Saturday, June 6, 2009

getaway

Just because I am not sentimental does not mean that I cannot celebrate! Robert and I went on a weekend getaway for our anniversary; just the two of us. We left Joel with Robert's sister, Sarah, before heading to Scottsdale for our "mini-vacay". Peaceful. Relaxing. We stayed at the the Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale. Very 70's chic. The accommodations were fabulous. My favorite: the stand-alone tub in the center of the room. Big enough for two (and I'm pregnant). For dinner, Robert treated me to a Brasilian churrasco restaurant, Fogo de Chao. All you can eat fine meats, meats that are brought to you on swords. Endless supply of rice, beans, farofa, polenta, and queijo de pao (cheese bread that I actually could eat and of which I consumed half a dozen rolls). Mouth watering. It was the most incredible meal I have ever eaten (and probably ever will eat). For breakfast, we feasted at one of the hotel's fab restaurants, Cafe Zuzu. Smoothies. Egg dishes. Berries galore. This weekend was nearly perfect (minus the neighboring guests who decided to throw a party at 2 am). Sure, the money could have been better spent. But we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, getting to taste a sample of the posh life we will most likely never live (which I am totally okay with. I can only keep my nose in the air so long...). It was serendipitous.

After picking Joel up from Sarah's house, this is what he did on the entire car ride home. Quite entertaining.
Ps. Yes, that is spit flying in the 2nd to last second of the video

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your... Cna you beleive it has been two years... i have been married 5 and TIME FLYES - great to find you and keep up with life... you look great...

theterrifictylers.blogspot.com

Dawn Davis said...

Congrats...that place looks like a lot of fun. Was that the room you stayed in? And I'm so glad to know my kid isn't the only one that likes to scream. Except Britton does it when he is upset...no happy screaming!! Joel's a doll.

Mandi Abaroa said...

Congrats on two years!! That video was so dang cute! Also, congrats with baby #2...so exciting!!