Tuesday, June 23, 2009

inspired and MOTIVATED

Over the last week or so, I have discovered more and more projects that I would like to undertake. I am proud to say that I have gotten off my butt and completed several projects (with many more new ideas continuously piling up)!
The first project I started (and possibly the most boring of the projects) was cleaning ALL closets and storage areas (including the pantry, fridge, & freezer which store food). I rearranged and condensed. More room (imagine that)! This project was mainly undertaken to make room for the contents of my next project: food storage.
The second project I started (and will be working on for a few more weeks/months) is obtaining, organizing, and using a three-month supply. I am even taking it so far as to create a food storage chart that monitors item amounts and need for replacements. I LOVE these three websites: Food Storage Made Easy, The Food Storage Shopper, & Everyday Food Storage Recipes. Amazing. We have a three-month supply of juice. Maybe even a year supply of juice(thank you, WIC). This is what we have so far in terms of food:
Yeah, still a ways to go...
I had to take a break from my projects to celebrate Father's Day. I could have taken pictures of Robert with Joel, but I didn't. Just look at this picture from a few months ago and pretend I did:
I did, however, take pictures of the nifty cards I crafted for Father's Day. The first card was for Robert and included some "love coupons" (I recycled an idea I saw for Valentines Day). The other cards were for our fathers. Easy. Cute. Perfect.

The third project I started (yesterday) and finished (today) was making a stroller quilt. A stroller quilt is better than an ordinary quilt (for strollin') because it ties onto the stroller (seriously, genius). It can also be made to fold and button up to create a "pocket" for baby's feet (even more genius). Granted, it is JUNE and it doesn't get cold here until November... but I couldn't wait.
(All of these pictures were taken with the quilt folded. It gets larger...
The entire back is the plush blue.)
I made fabric-covered buttons. AND button holes. AND corded binding. Wow.
But life hasn't been solely projects. We have done some fun things. Robert and I took Joel with us to make our "traditional" bear for the new baby. He didn't think it was neat; he screamed in fear when the bear was stuffed. Here is our bear family:
Lucas bear, Joel bear, Mama bear, Daddy bear
(I am not a big bear person. At all. Robert proposed with the wedding bear, so it just works.)
But I must go and eat pizza now. Until I accomplish more projects....


6 comments:

Tawni said...

Wow, someone is on a role! Way to go! Atleast some of us are accomplishing something, that would not be me.

Jonny and Brittany said...

You are so talented with your crafty projects!!! You need to teach me how to sew one of these days!!!:)

Danielle said...

Leigh, you never cease to amaze me! I hope that I am a wife and a mother like you are.

Stina said...

leigh...you are just putting us all to shame my dear!! wow i *need* that pattern for the stroller quilt! it DOES get colder here a little earlier than november! ;) very cute!!

so i know you are more into the flowers than bows...but being the crafty chica that you are...do you KNOW how to make cute bows??! i am dying to make this little squirmer a headband wearing girl! (flowers are darling too...but i can't MAKE them! thus not needing to know how to make them. ;) btw where did you get the clips for the headbands??

Clark and Liesel said...

Go Leigh!! I love the projects. The stroller quilt is cool. Where do you get all your energy? Can you give some to me? :)

Anonymous said...

i want you paterrn for the stroller quilt!!!