Wednesday, June 3, 2009

two years

I am not one to get overly sentimental. I do have sentimental moments, but they are spontaneous and often few & far in-between. So when Robert repeatedly asked me over the last few days "Can you believe that we have been married for two years, Babes?!" my reply is a simple yes. It's not an unfathomable notion to me. Five years? Maybe. Ten years? Probably. Two years? Meh. But I appreciate his adoration at both our anniversary and towards me. He must love me; he bought me beautiful flowers from Trader Joe's and no the oh-so-popular roses (which I detest).

We took a stroll to Jamba Juice. Just us. No tv. No phone. No laptop. No distractions. It was nice. My child enjoyed the treat as much as I enjoyed it (I wish I had taken my camera to Jamba Juice; his first few reactions were priceless. Not a fan of the smoothie at the beginning. He made an awful, sour face. It was great). Pomegranate Paradise. Delectable.

On a sadder note: fare thee well, peanut products. I should have known that despite your tantalizing taste, you would cause me distress. I had resisted you for two years but was unable to do so any longer. Though I cannot blame you for my weakness, I can (and will) blame you for the severe pain and bloating you have caused me. Maybe one day we can rekindle our friendship...

2 comments:

Afton LeSueur said...

Hi Leigh! I'm with you on the roses thing. boring!

Clark and Liesel said...

Happy 2 years! Time sure does fly!