Thursday, October 8, 2009

hi

Hi. My name is Joel. I am a year old. I like getting into EVERYTHING. Remotes. Phones. Cupboards. Drawers. Purses. Glasses (both types). EVERYTHING. I have a few favorite toys: my dinosaurs, dump truck, boom-box truck (Mommy hates this one), and my new helicopter. Wheels also fascinate me. Wheels on toys, wheels on strollers, wheels on wheelchairs... you name it. I am mischievous and like to put everything into my mouth. String. Paper. Bugs (dead or alive). I "talk" a lot, but you can't understand me. I can say "mama", "dada", "uh oh", "no", "wow", and "gi-gi" (I have said some other words, but not consistently). I like to shake my head "no", especially when you ask me a question (such as: "Can you share?") or when you nod your head "yes". I like to walk around; I spend more time walking than playing with toys. I have made up a new move in honor of Michael Jackson: the moon crawl. I am slightly OCD; I HAVE to touch the little "inspector seal" circle on baby food jars (I can get violent when doing this). I give kisses, but only to my dad, mom, and baby brother. My kisses are more like licks. I am BIG (not fat. Mommy hates when people call me fat). I weigh just over 26lbs and am 32in tall. I wear size 4 diapers (and have since I was about 4 months old) and I wear size 2T clothes. I love food. All food. Except for peas. Most people say I look like Mommy, but I have a lot of Dada's features too. I am a happy go lucky guy!
Hi. My name is Lucas. I am a week old. I am pretty laid back and easy going. For the most part, I just sit back and take everything in. I like to sleep. In fact, I have been sleeping well through the night since day one (I only wake my parents up once in the night to be changed and fed). I even smile in my sleep now. I am small (especially when you compare me to my brother). I weigh just under 8lbs and am 20in long. I wear size Newborn diapers (with the tabs as tight as they can go) and I wear size Newborn clothes (though I do fit in some preemie outfits). I love food. I am a pro at nursing (though it helps that my Mommy knows what she is doing). Most people say I look like my big brother, but we'll have to wait and see. I am an easy peasy baby!

3 comments:

Afton LeSueur said...

Nice to meet you Lucas! I love you already.

Amanda and Brent said...

Leigh...I am so sad I have not come to visit you and the new baby! He is so cute by the way. I hope within the next week I can come see him! Maybe Sunday???

Laura said...

Very succinct rundown on the boys! I feel like I know them much better now. I'm so happy for you that Lucas is good at nursing! And what a good boy to only get up once in the night. How nice for you that you can get some sleep and recover. No wonder you look so good in those pictures! And for the record, I think Joel looks more like Robert. Happy Birthday Joel!