Wednesday, November 25, 2009

road trip

So, this post would have come sooner, but picasa (my online photo program) was being dumb. On Friday of last week, we went to Thatcher for my friend Gina's wedding reception (she was sealed in the temple a week prior). What a trip!? Both boys did amazingly well for the 3 and 1/2 hour drive. Little crying. Lot of sleeping. It felt so good to be on the road across the open land. Made me relaxed and happy. I don't remember much from the reception; just that it was so cold outside that I spent a majority of the time indoors, chatting it up with Gina's mother-in-law. Awesome woman. After the reception, we headed over to Gina's sister's house to stay the night (thank you a billion times, Amber). Gina's whole family eventually made it over there, where wedding gifts we opened. As it got later into the night, some of us became more silly (mainly just me). I ended up putting on 3 ruffle-slips (2 of which Gina used for the reception). I looked like Magi Lune from FernGully. Amber's hubby made us breakfast in the morning. Delish. After breakfast, we made the long trek back home. Fun trip.
The ride
The cake
The reception
The "after party"
The ruffles
Going Home

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breena has the same car seat as Joel does! We're taking a 3 1/2 hour road trip on Friday (the first since Breena was just under 3 months old last Christmas). Hopefully she handles it as well as your boys did! : )

Unknown said...

hmmm...i think thats a good look for you. haha. you should make a dress like that then wear it to church sometime. i love driving to thatcher. very relaxing drive, until you get pulled over by globe cops. haha. and have to go like 10 miles an hour through all the small towns. good drive though, sure do miss it. i'm glad the boys did so well.

Amber H. said...

3 1/2 hours? Did you have to stop for an hour in the construction in the mountain? If not, you drive SLOW! ha ha Ü I'm glad you had fun! It was fun to see you guys! And that skirt thing was hilarious! I loved to see you silly...great times Ü

ginalenore said...

I approve this message. :)

Especially since I haven't put any pictures up about wedding yet. I don't have any of my own of the reception...thanks for the lovely pictures of the cake! They make my happy to look at! :)