Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happenings

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth (though it seems as all my readers have, since I've only received like TWO comments since the post about giving birth. Thanks, friends)... I have just been EXTREMELY busy with Christmas things. Yes, that's right. Christmas. I'm getting it done NOW so I don't have to worry about it at 3am on Dec. 25th. I sewed three items in three days, but you'll have to wait until AFTER Christmas for pictures (on the off chance that those the gifts are intended for peek at my blog). I also made a fall craft for my mom.
Way cute. Wish I had one for my home. Maybe when fall items are on clearance...
My side of the family decided to celebrate this big guy turning one (yeah, a little late). Spoiled him with toys and cake.
And this little guy turned one month. Crazy. Still a little shocked he is here, given the super quick delivery...
We celebrated Halloween. Even took Joel "trick 'or' treating" to a few houses in my parents' neighborhood.
Our little ghost and skeleton. And OUR candy...
I learned how to do a new trick with html codes... Place your mouse over my picture.
Neat trick, huh? Gone. Check it out.
But the MOST exciting thing we've been up to? Having family pictures taken, of course (which were taken before the rollover photo above, obviously)! Once again Emily, you are amazing! Here is a preview:
And of just our new bundle of joy:
See all of the phenomenal photos HERE

6 comments:

Jonny and Brittany said...

Such cute family pics!!! You will have to give me the number of your photographer!!!

Afton LeSueur said...

Here is why you are not receiving comments on you blog: it is broken! Everytime I try to post, it will not let me! I have tried to comment on your last three posts!

EmileeandJonny said...

Cute pictures! I just love family pics! We took some about a week ago (I'm waiting to get them) But Jarom was at his grumpiest- he wasn't too up on smiling! You got some good ones tho!

~Crystal~ said...

Your hair! Wow! It's super cute, I love it! Can't wait to see what things you made for Christmas gifts. I love seeing what things you make. :)

Laura said...

So, I guess that was a not so subtle hint to comment, right?! I love love LOVE the family pics! And your hair looks great. So much easier to deal with I bet.

The Railsback's said...

so this is random, but while watching the news this morning I saw this gluten free stuffing and thought I would pass it along to the only gluten free person I know!
•8 slices of Blue Chip Bakers French Bread, cubed and dried overnight on a cookie sheet
•1 1/2 cups water
•1 1/2 tsp Better Than Boullion Chicken flavor
•2 Tbsp Sherry cooking wine
•1/2-1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
•5 Tbsp butter
•1/2 onion, minced
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 tsp sage
•1 tsp black pepper
•1 1/2 tsp parsley
•1 tsp thyme


Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes. In a large frying pan, melt butter. Bring water to a boil, add Better Than Boullion and Sherry wine. Stir to dissolve. Remove from heat. Add onion to melted butter and let cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until tender but not browned. Add spices to butter mixture. Mix well. Remove from heat. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add butter/vegetable mixture and toss well. Add stock, a little at a time, and stir to coat. Add enough stock until bread is moist, but not too much so that it is soggy. Add an extra tsp of salt if you like it really salty. Place stuffing in a greased casserole dish and cover. Bake in the 375 degree oven 30 minutes, then take lid off and bake for 15 more minutes until toasty on top. Serve with any cut of holiday meat.