Tuesday, March 9, 2010

sigh

Ugh. I have done the STUPIDEST thing in my life. By far, the dumbest. I. feel. like. an. idiot. What exactly have I done? After photographing the process of sewing hoodie towels (for a tutorial on lemon Crafts), I thought I would try them out on my two little ones. Both boys in the bath at once - perfect photo op. With one hand holding the baby, I grab my camera. Snap a couple shots. I feel the baby slipping. I feel the camera slipping. It was one of those moments where you have to choose, like in spiderman. Except I am not spiderman and I can not catch both through my swiftness. Two hands on the baby to keep him from falling below the water. The camera? The camera falls below the water. An INSTANT. I grab it out faster than it fell in. Too late. TOTALLY screwed. Broken. Not working. Not fixable. Done. UGH. I have done the STUPIDEST thing in my life. My camera is my LIFE (right behind a couple other things like faith and family). Ugh.

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

my sisters apartment flooded from a broken pipe in idaho in december...phones, cameras, laptops and all were under water when they came home....
someone told them to soak it in rice. it sucks the water out and it worked for them.
hope that helps :)

EmileeandJonny said...

um- almost the EXACT same thing happened to me! This year for christmas I got a new camera- I was SO excited, I got the one I wanted! Within a week I was at walmart and leaned over the toilet- "PLOP" fell the camera from in my sweatshirt pocket. I reached my hand in there as fast as I could. I was SO mad at myself. It was my brand new camera!!! I dried it off as best I could. took it home- put my blow dryer on cool dry and spent half hour drying it. The next morning it worked just fine. I was SO lucky! That would have been an expensive lesson to learn. sorry yours didn't have such a happy ending.