Monday, April 5, 2010

April

On April Fools, Robert and I found out we WOULD be expanding our family... just not with a baby. Robert went to a car dealership to LOOK at a possible vehicle and drove home in our new Toyota Highlander. STOP. Before you say ANYTHING negative about Toyota: First, Toyota has safely carried my family for several decades WITHOUT a hitch. Second, our new car was NOT among those recalled (and even if it were, we would have it corrected by Toyota). So, we would like to proudly introduce our REAL new addition, Crash (by the way, Babes, I named our car):
I LOOOOOOOVE it. SO much more room. It seats 7 quite comfortably. Which means I can put 5 car seats in it without a problem. Just kidding. Maybe.
This weekend was exhausting but fun. Saturday was Robert's family Easter get-together. My sis-in-law and I made delicious cupcakes for Easter dinner (the second photo is cheating... the cream didn't really turn out like that). After the feast, we went outside to talk and play. I put Joel on my lap while playing on the swings. He enjoyed himself.
Easter Sunday was busy busy busy. The boys got their easter baskets first thing in the morning. They both received stuffed bunnies (which I made the day before). Joel got a little Magna-doodle and some marshmallow bunnies. Lucas got a crinkle lion and egg rattles.
My family had Easter dinner at 11am. I made egg place markers (thanks to my BFF Martha). Joel went on his first egg hunt. The big kids then went on their egg hunt afterward (I will be knocking my kids over when they are old enough to join our hunt). There were three golden eggs, each with a good amount of cash; one of them had a $50. I found all three (smug grin). I kindly gave my cousin and my hubby each an egg before I found out they had different amounts of money in them. Luckily, the egg I kept was the one with the $50 (even smugger grin). We got a couple of family photos taken (speaking of which, Emily, we need to talk). We came home with 5 boxes of peeps and 2 gallon size bags of Easter candy. Ugh. I will be comatose by the end of the month.



Love Lucas' face in the second picture. Looks angry at the world.

I hope your holiday weekend was fabulous!

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Your family photo is so beautiful! I love the happy Spring colors! Glad you guys enjoyed your Easter!

Brittany said...

So jealous you get a big kids Easter egg hunt AND money eggs! Your hair looks super cute too.

Tara said...

Gotta love those family pictures. Especially your header. Too cute.

Thanks for submitting your cupcake photo.

Tara @ Trendy Treehouse