Friday, November 26, 2010

thanks

The day before Thanksgiving was Robert's birthday. He turned the "big" 2 - 6. I made him a GINORMOUS chocolate frosting and hot fudge covered brownie. It was disgustingly delicious. On Thanksgiving day, my parents gave him a GINORMOUS chocolate and peppermint cupcake. Needless to say, we have a LOT of left over sweets.
Thanksgiving was great for us. Plenty of food, family, and football. I put the boys in the uber-cute turkey shirts that I made this past week. They had fun playing with the pumpkin and corn decorations at my parents' house... And, as is tradition, my mom and I hit up Michael's in the evening for discount deals and holiday essentials. Once at home, I swiftly collected the fall decorations and began replacing them with Christmas decor. I am ready for December.

I had a slightly terrifying experience about a week ago. Last Friday evening, I started having cramps. On Saturday, my cramps felt like full on contractions. Nothing regular or frequent, but they WERE beginning to take on a pattern that was slowly increasing. By Saturday evening, Robert and I were debating a visit to the ER because what I was experiencing was NOT normal and the strength was nearly unbearable. Since I generally fight issues regarding my health, I decided to call the on-call doctor before heading to the hospital (I don't want to see a doctor unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary). Luckily, the doctor on-call was MY doc. He said to hold out for now (I had an appointment Monday). If the contraction pain increased to every 5 minutes OR I started profusely bleeding, then come in. Early Sunday morning I woke up with new symptoms (no blood). It was then that I realized that I most likely had the stomach flu. What a relief... well, besides the fact that I couldn't keep ANYTHING in my system and had to do a liquid diet for a couple of days. Our appointment was Monday. In two days, I successfully lost ALL the weight that I had gained in 3 months of pregnancy, plus some. Since I was so ill, the doc did an unscheduled ultrasound to check on the baby.Thankfully, all is well. And we may have even had a sneak peek as to what we are having... We told our parents by dying a cake (either blue or pink) and frosting it entirely white. Once they cut into the cake, they were able to reveal the gender. It's a (place your mouse over the picture to reveal):
Yay!

8 comments:

Emily said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Another boy! Boys are awesome! We are so excited for you!!!!!

Clark and Liesel said...

Ever since I got your email, I have been checking your blog like crazy! I am so happy you are feeling better and you had a nice Thanksgiving. I am also so happy everthing is alright with you and your little baby boy! How fun you already know the gender!!!

Unknown said...

first off those shirts you made are so stinking cute!! glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving & lastly woohoo another boy... chris says that since your having a third boy it means that our next one(whenever that is) will be another girl. you get the boys i get the girls. haha! congrats you two!

Amy said...

Oh I am SO glad everything's okay!!! Don't EVER take that for granted. Congrats on your new little man!

EmileeandJonny said...

Oh Leigh!!! Thankfully little boys are so dang cute!!! After having Travis it makes me appreciate how cute little boys are all over again! Congrats!!

Richard and Tiffany said...

Congratulations Leigh!! Those three boys will have SO much fun together, especially all being so close in age!!

Laura said...

I'm so happy for you! With 3 boys, life will be busy, but they couldn't have a better mother. Congratulations Leigh, Robert, Joel, and Lucas! What's his name???

Amy said...

I read your blog, but need to comment more often. Life is busy and fun being a mom. Boys, boys, boys equals triple the Fun! Congratulations! Love your Halloween outfits, and what a clever way to tell your parents the gender.