Wednesday, July 15, 2009

busy

I would have written before now but I have been busy (and I like to add pictures to every post). Last week, I got the hankering for peach cobbler. Never made it before; never even had it. What did I make on Thursday? Peach cobbler (a great food-storage recipe). It tasted great.
Friday was my "clean-the-entire-house" day (crazy as it is, I enjoy thoroughly cleaning my house). We had Robert's sister, Lisa, and family over for dinner. Chicken tomato alfredo. Delicious.
We were up at the crack o' dawn on Saturday for family pictures (I am trying to contain my excitement for the photos until I get them). After a swim in the late morning, Robert and I were off to Gammage with my parents to see this:
Freaking awesome (and I was skeptical)
Sunday was your average Sunday; church, naps, family. The norm.
This week has already been productive. It is amazing to me how I never cease to run out of ideas (could be because I permanently have the t.v. switched to channel eight "Create"). On Monday, I started re-vamping some paintings I made several years ago. While they are cute, they just weren't doing it for me anymore. A yard of fabric later, I had some new wall hangings to match a craft I made at a R.S. gathering several weeks back (it still needs a "pop" of red, but that is in progress).
Yesterday (Tuesday), I started craving bagels. Gluten free bagels, well... they suck. Simple as that. So I decided to make my own. Never made them before. I think for a first attempt, they turned out well. They look a little funny, but taste GREAT (and I am extremely picky about my bagels).
I also started sewing a purse yesterday (I mentioned possibly doing this when I made all those fabric flowers). Today, I finished off the purse by sewing on the strap and adding some accessories. I think I will make a couple more...
I even took on replacing a zipper today. Me. Replace a zipper. In Robert's NICE Sunday slacks. WOW (I impress myself sometimes).
Before making dinner this evening, I thought I would start my garden (a HUGE project in and of itself that I have been meaning to undertake). Want to see my garden? Here it is:
What? I never said it was big...
All of my projects are undertaken with this main staple in my diet:
Now, for some fun photos of Joel (who is super silly during bathtime/bedtime):
Happy... bathing!

7 comments:

Amanda and Brent said...

I've decided I want you to make me the "Come what may and Love it sign" and a new purse. You can't keep making all of the very cute things you make and not expect to share them Leigh :)

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Kay... you seriously do everything. I love it! You are one of those mom's I will probably aspire to be like. Ah-may-zing Leigh! Love you girlie!

Anonymous said...

i need to know how you make your super cute fabric flowers

Lisa Payne said...

i want you to stop. stop being cute and creative. stop. just kidding! my sister-in-law was looking over my shoulder when i was reading the post and she really liked your purse.

Lisa Payne said...

oh..and if anyone was wondering, the peach cobbler was divine!

Dawn Davis said...

Dear Leigh,
Please teach me how to be artsy...you're kind of making me jealous with my lack thereof. Also, maybe lessons on how to be more domestic as well (read: learn to cook more than spaghetti). You're amazing, seriously, for having a baby and being prego you do SOO much. Way to go girl!! (and I'm free every weekday until 3:30pm for lessons hehehe ;)

Sara L said...

Do you have a tutorial for those flowers? They are so so cute!