Wednesday, July 8, 2009

nine months

Joel is nine months old today. Because of this milestone, I thought I would share a bit about him.
Better pictures to come in a few days; Emily is taking our pictures again!
At nine months, Joel weighs 22lbs, 6oz and is 30.5" long. Joel loves to move. Moving around is one of his favorite things to do. He will crawl, roll, or scoot all over the house; his favorite place to get to is the hallway (he likes the "dingy" door stop). Joel also likes to move around while standing. He will walk circles around furniture. He thinks he can walk unsupported, but not quite yet. Joel also loves to eat. He has tasted every type of baby food and loves almost everything (not peas, just like his daddy). Amazingly enough, his favorite type of baby food is sweet potatoes (any type of fruit is a close second). He can eat an entire jar of baby food without getting any on his face (though that may be mommy's doing). He also enjoys Cheerio's, "nanas", noodles, and eggs. He will try anything to test out his "chompers". He has had six teeth since he was seven and a half months old (and his seventh tooth is close to coming through). Joel wants anything and everything technology; he likes computers, cameras, phones, remotes, you name it. Actually, this has become mommy's way of enticing Joel toward her; just place a phone or remote on the floor in front of you and he will be there in half a second. Joel is quite the mimicker; everyone gets a laugh from his tongue-clicking (a trait daddy taught him). He also waves to himself occasionally when you wave at him. When playing the piano, he will be like his daddy and try to turn the pages of the hymn book after playing a few notes. His personality is so full of life! Three months and my baby will be a year old; three months and my baby will have a baby brother.
While Joel moves and plays, I keep myself busy with my projects. Amazingly enough, I am still going. I completed a magnetic dinner board that matches my new kitchen decor. I even took it so far as to laminate the dinner cards so they will last longer. Having this new addition in the kitchen keeps me motivated to cook each night (that, and having Celiac's Disease means virtually NO fast food). It also makes it easier to compile a shopping list for groceries.
Luckily, this fruit didn't have the cement chunks in it like the pear and apple did.
I have also started working on decor for the nursery. I made a craft with Joel's name on it last year; it is only fitting that I make the same craft (in different colors) with Lucas's name on it. I am not quite finished. I am patiently waiting until we have enough $$ to fund the rest of the project (five 8x11 frames are not cheap).
Joel's "color" is green; Lucas's name will be on blue...
Ps. There are tiny polka-dots outlining the letters
I have also started working on some paintings for the nursery (to match the paintings I did last year). Thus far, they have been painted white, so pictures weren't necessary.
Unfortunately, I have had to take a break from the wooden rocking chair. The electric palm sander that my dad let me borrow died immediately after the baby/dust incident. I have not felt like conquering the 105+ degree weather to finish sanding it by hand. I think I will hold off on that project for a bit...

3 comments:

Janell said...

He is so cute and every mile stone is so exciting. They grow up so fast. It feels like my son just turned 9 months but he is going to be 10 months next week and his first birthday will be here before I know it.

Brittany said...

You are amazing Leigh! I love seeing all of your projects and it makes me want to join in. You MUST teach me...and I need to come see your place sometime. I have never been in it.

Mandi Abaroa said...

Hi leigh! I love your blog. I was wondering if you have any good recipes without gluten. My baby niece was just diagnosed with celiac disease this week and she's only 2. My sister is looking for recipes to help feed her little one. If so please email them to me, mandislynn@hotmail.com. Also, congrats on baby boy #2. You are amazing!