Saturday, July 25, 2009

STILL going...

I may be going (project-wise) for forever... I seem to have an endless supply of energy (which will soon be depleted when Lucas is born). Monday was my idea-collecting day, when I perused crafting blogs and project websites (and the occasional recipe page). Tuesday, I made graham crackers. From scratch. Easier than you might think. They turned out GREAT (and are more than half gone already, even though the recipe yields nearly 5 dozen...)!
Wednesday, my graham crackers went from being crackers to crust to key lime pie. Divine (and the ironic thing is, I have never cared for key lime pie. I just remember it as one of my dad's favorite desserts. I made it in honor of him - and love the taste).
I am already thinking of what dessert I want to make next week...
Thursday, I spent a chunk of the day painting. I had been putting off painting for weeks. As a result, Joel got to my white canvases and put dirty hand prints all over them. After a bit of frustration from the paint (and some ruined clothing), I finished the paintings for the nursery.
The paintings are larger than they appear: the canvases are 16" x 20 "
(having a second story in my house allowed me to pull off this photo)
I made the ones with the red and green stripe a year ago
Thursday evening, Robert & I went with my mom to a friend's homecoming (yay Elder Wells). While there, my mom decided to undermine my authority over my child and feed him a cookie (what are grandmas for, anyway?!). An ENTIRE cookie (which my dad later compared to an adult eating an entire chocolate cake). I will admit, it was entertaining. Joel thought he was such a big boy, biting off bits of cookie on his own.
Oh, that dark spot under his eye is a bruise - his first. He decided to run into the coffee table...
Friday, I cleaned my entire house (my usual Friday routine), so no adventures here. I did, however, take a picture of my growing garden. Miracle grow in a pot for 99 cents. I never knew plants could grow so fast! I may be picking tomatoes and basil next week at this rate...
Other than working on projects on a daily basis, I have been walking a half mile AND swimming a half mile four to five times a week. It. Feels. Great. Oh, and Robert & I have been cooking dinner EVERY night, only relying on eating-out twice during the month of July (I'll admit, it is all because of my awesome dinner calendar). Fetch yes.

1 comment:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Not gonna' lie, after I saw your menu calendar I totally wanted to make one too... not the same as yours (or as cute) but effective nonetheless. It is amazing what a relief it is not to have to think about what dinner is going to end up being. :) Keep coming with the projects, 'cuz I love getting ideas! You're an energy-powered momma'! ;)