Sunday, July 5, 2009

fourth

Here it is, the typical "fourth" post. I usually don't make a big deal about the lesser holidays (i.e. anything other than Christmas or Thanksgiving), but since we actually did stuff, I figure I can blog about it. Check Spelling
We kicked off the day by attending our ward's annual Pancake Breakfast. I love our ward. I love food. It worked out well. Since I am unable to eat pancakes, I made myself waffles out of my ridiculously expensive flour. Delicious. Robert had been asked to preform a piano solo for the little "program" and did so magnificently. Joel kept himself entertained with eating eggs and chewing on the sparkle hats used by the primary children during their number.
Yes, our 9 month old is almost as big as I am.
We later went swimming with my parents. The water felt good in this Arizona heat. When we were all "swimmed out", we went to visit and eat with Robert's family. Steaks. Mouthwatering. I made my traditional Cherry Delight (and by traditional, I mean that I have made it the past three years and intend to make it every summer for the 4th of July). Scrumptious.
1 part sugar, 2 parts cherries, 1 part AMAZING.
After the consuming of food, we doubled with Robert's brother to go see some fireworks. It was... interesting. The park we chose to view from had a band playing. Not just any type of band, a Christian Rock band. The music itself wasn't too bad, but the singer kept scarfing the mic. The sound system wasn't the greatest, either. We did, however, "enjoy" the band sharing their testimonies of how the blood of Jesus saved them from cocaine and meth and marriage at the age of 16... Once again, interesting (it is the only word I can come up with to describe the experience). The fireworks weren't as spectacular as I remember from childhood, but they were enjoyable. All in all, a fun day.

2 comments:

Janell said...

You have such a cute little boy :) He is close to my sons age. My son was born september 17, 2008. I cant belive that he will be 1 soon they grow up so fast.

The Mckays said...

i think you should tell me how to do some of your cute crafts like the adorable flowers and wall fruit so that i can be crafty too! i love them. you have a great talent!!

brittney