Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ok. So my last post MAY have been a tad bit "Debbie Downer". Sorry if you didn't like it. Wasn't trying to complain. Just saying it like it is. And before you start doubting, I love Daniel COMPLETELY. He warms my heart. Even if he voices his opinion often. Besides, he is only 3 weeks old, right? I am sure I will have a plump little contented baby soon. And if not, at least I can always hope.
Today was a dr. visit. A NEW doctor. Took both Daniel and Joel. Daniel for his 2 week check up (at basically 3 weeks). Joel for ridiculously severe swollen tonsils. Ps. Joel has basically been sick since Christmas. Took him in on Christmas Eve eve. Tonsillitis. Since that time he has had tonsillitis, bronchitis, laryngitis, flu, cold, and everythingelseunderthemoon. At least 12 separate cases in under 6 months. I don't mind my kids getting sick occasionally. Helps build their immune system. But this has exhausted his. Not to mention mom's patience. And since everything has been viral, there is not really a thing they can do. Doc said this can last until they are 6. Um... No thanks; I'll pass. Daniel is looking good health-wise. Gaining weight as he should. So he IS getting enough to eat. I think his stomach and brain need to learn to communicate better. And even though Lucas wasn't there as a patient, the doc said he looks to be your average, healthy toddler. "Likes to stir the pot" were the exact words the doc used to describe Lucas... Understatement of the year. He likes to stir it. Then tip it over. Then play in it. That one is CRAZY. Going to try to capture some videos of him just to prove my point...

Daniel's 2 (really 3) week stats:
Weight: 9 lbs. 2 oz.
Length: 22 in.
Head Circ.: 14 in.
Yeah... all of his stats are a wee bit smaller than Joel's BIRTH stats...

Joel, Lucas, & Daniel just shy of three weeks old (Daniel looks more like Lucas here... which is weird).

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awe!!! So cute. Sorry about the fussing, sickness, and pot-stirring.

I know you love your boys. I've never doubted you for a second! Love you!!

Stephen and Amy said...

Leigh, you are Supermom. If you didn't "complain" every once in awhile, I would be actually worried about your mental and emotional health. Your boys are frickin' adorable, but VERY much their own little person(s)! You rock mommyhood.