Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This guy is two weeks old today. Last week it was weird to think he was here. This week it is weird to imagine life without him. He has still been a wonderful baby. Still only wakes up once in the night to eat (technically only wakes up once in the early morning). Still sleeps well. Mom, however, has NOT been doing as well. Nope. Infection. Staph infection. And possible thrush. Prohibited me from nursing on one side for about 48 hours (which I was okay with because nursing on that particular side hurt so bad because of the infection(s) that I would scream). Caused my body to stop producing due to over-demand and stress. Never thought a body could shut down so quickly. Tried to persevere. Basically "gave up". Started supplementing. On my last attempt, it all came back. Everything seems to be okay now. I am unsure of exactly how long I wish to nurse (I mean, come on. look at what I did with Lucas). But I would have been devastated if I hadn't made it even two short weeks (though the reason would have been legitimate). Other than that snafu, things here are great!

2 comments:

Beth said...

you make cute babies. just sayin'.

Laura said...

Yikes! I'm so glad you are okay now. And is he a Robert "mini-me" or what?!