Friday, May 11, 2012

fabulous

I cannot type the word "fabulous" without thinking about it being said in a sing-song manner. Possibly by a guy in drag. Why my brain defaults to this, I have NO clue. But it is entertaining.
So yesterday. Yesterday was full of ups and downs. I had two projects that I wanted to work on. Two things that I wanted finished by the end of the night. And I couldn't work on either of them during the day because of insufficient materials. So frustrating. My dad came to the rescue on one. And when robert got home from work, I went out to grab a much needed item for the second. So BOTH projects were completed. Albeit around midnight. But they are DONE. And both turned out "FAB-U-LOUS"!
Let's start with the second project. Since I don't have pictures of it. I made leggings. They are so tiny and cute! I had cut the sleeves off a long sleeved shirt to make it more hot-weather friendly. Kept the excess fabric because I KNEW I could do something with it. So I went out, bought a double needle, and made the most adorable pair of purple striped baby leggings. And a matching headband, of course. Can I just say double needles are AMAZING?! I had never heard of one until yesterday. Seriously. I thought parallel stitches were made by making two separate stitches. And just being dang good at making equidistant straight lines. I was proud of myself. But I will GLADLY use a double needle over trying to make parallel stitches. Love it.
The first project. So happy about it. Because it means the toy room is one step closer to being complete. Rain gutter book shelves. Floating all over Pinterest. So I decided to make some. And it HAD to be done yesterday because I could not take one more day of Daniel ripping books from the book shelf and destroying them. The kid was driving me nuts. It was the first place he would go once in the toy room. Not any more! The books are up, off his level. And they look AWESOME. Once I got into the groove of assembling these shelves, it was super easy. But I like to take the hard way. Like using a screw to drill a hole instead of a drill bit. Thus creating large holes before hitting a stud. Oops. But the "book nook" looks great. And hopefully we will add our custom built bench underneath the shelves with the next tax return.
And yes, I have AWESOME bold stripes. This area is one of my happy places.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Love the stripes! And the shelves :)

Dawn Davis said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the stripes and everything about that reading corner...can you please stop showing off now ;) TOTALLY KIDDING, I absolutely love seeing all the projects you do and how fab-u-lous you make things!