Wednesday, May 9, 2012

wednesday what [for reals]

This was a year ago. Almost. In just over two weeks, my youngest will be a year.
But he might not be my youngest any more. Crazy

Sorry for earlier. Long story. Made up of many little things. Including false labor.
Several hours with contractions 6 minutes apart. A few separate times. Annoying.
I shouldn't be surprised. The same thing happened with Daniel.
Obviously it will happen. And soon. But I am at that stage. Where you are ready to be done.
But you aren't done yet.
To save myself from dwelling, I busy myself with projects.
You might call it nesting.
I call it "if I don't do something to keep myself from sitting around, thinking of how done I am with pregnancy, I will kill all of the existing members of the household with whatever random object gets the job done".
So I have been sewing. As you saw last week. Sewed some more.
I had a play may that we bought for Joel eons ago.
Let me just apologize for the horrible picture quality. That was several cameras ago.
Moving on. Play mat. Infantino. Jungle themed play mat. The boys used the heck out of it.
But I am having a girl. And girls should have feminine toys. Since society conditions it.
So I recovered the play mat. And will be making new dangling rattle toys.
Super happy with the new look. Love the fuzzy strawberry.
AND it was done with the fabric I was going to use for her bedding. So yay!

I also decided I wanted a cute newborn hat for her to wear in the hospital.
I hate the blue/pink striped hats. You have no clue the gender of the baby.
Some how I went from making a hat to making a baby gown AND matching hat.
All from an old shirt I never wear due to stains and holes. Score.
Can't wait to post pictures of her in this little outfit.

Ps. You HAVE to go to Green Apple Images and check out the preview from my maternity session.
Jen made me feel so beautiful. And I can't wait for her to capture baby girl in a few weeks. Ecstatic.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

So what are you doing for the next 3 months besides juggling 3 kids + a newborn? Haha, jk. But seriously, that playmate and the outfit are adorable!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh that looks professional!!! You did a fantastic job! I just might have to do this for the Boy (but with ASU stuff, of course.)

Clark and Liesel said...

Your photo shoot turned out amazing! You are so beautiful and are so photogenic Leigh! And...you are one amazing seamstress! Wow. I am super impressed that you recovered a play mat. How do you do it all?!