Monday, October 6, 2008

goodbye due date, hello fall

I STILL have not had the baby yet (don't worry, we didn't forget to tell you). I am 3 days past my due date. I go in to the doc tomorrow; he plans on stripping my membranes (yeah, it is as fun as it sounds). If stripping my membranes doesn't start labor, we are going to set a date for me to be induced. At this point, I don't care if he rips out the baby with forceps and no anesthesia! Please, no pregnancy comments... I am at wit's end.
Of lighter note, I have been staying busy with little projects here and there. It is actually kind of scary; I am becoming domesticated! I am turning into the person I vowed I never would: cooking, sewing, crafting, etc. After my cake experiment, I decided to take on sewing. My mom bought me a Boppy pillow (a nursing pillow), but the cover was somewhat ugly. I wanted a pillow cover that matched the nursery, so I sewed my own. The funny thing is, I have never really sewed anything before. I was even brave enough to put in a zipper! My next sewing task: a baby sling.
After reading several friends' posts about fall decorating, I thought it was time for me to pull out our festive decor. I nearly cried when I realized how few fall items we have. To make matters worse, my favorite fall item, a cornucopia with dried mini corn, pumpkins, and gourds, was COMPLETELY moldy. Like orange mold. I tried to salvage the cornucopia, but to no avail. The mold was too extensive. Well, after sewing my new Boppy pillow cover at my mom's, she decided to take me to Michael's for some fall decor shopping. I came home with several craft projects. I painted and mod-podged F A L L plaques, made a fall floral arrangement, and crafted paper pumpkins and a turkey. Now my home feels more festive! Hopefully I can find more projects to keep me busy until Joel decides to join us.


3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

How cute! I love all your fun Fall decor. Sorry Joel is being so stubborn! But it will all be worth it soon! I keep checking back to see the latest news on baby. I am thinking of you! Glad you are staying busy though- and way to go on your sewing project! The Boppy pillow looks awesome!!!

Bobs said...

Wow, Leigh is sewing! Way to go. You must be nesting. We love ya and the Lord loves ya it will all work out. Joel must be really cozy in there. I know that's not what you want to hear. Elyza birthday is Wed. Hope you don't have to wait until then!

EmileeandJonny said...

I'm so in love with your crafting stuff- seriously I wish we had some extra money to do fun stuff like that! Don't worry about the baby- I went in to be induced 2 days before my due date to FORCE him out- he still didn't come until his due date. Even with the vacuum nonetheless! Good luck with the delivery- remember anesthesia is heaven sent!