Thursday, October 30, 2008

that's life

Another week has come and gone. Each day brings new change, both good and bad. Joel is doing really well; he continues to grow rapidly. It seems like he grows inches and pounds daily! I come home from school and barely recognize him. I can't imagine what it is like for Robert; some days Robert only sees him for an hour or two in the evening. Even though Baby is only three weeks old, he is nearing being able to support his own head! He has gotten close to rolling over a couple of times. Joel is happiest when he is "participating" in whatever we are doing. He is too curious to be held in our arms; he prefers to be sitting up to see the action!
My friend Jodi was in town visiting last week. I have not seen her for five months; she lives in Florida (but is moving to Texas in Nov). Even though we weren't able to spend much time together, we were able to visit a few times. It is always nice to see a great friend, especially when that great friend is Jodi!
School has been going well. I love my baby; I also love going to school. Only 6 more weeks of school; 7 until I graduate! Amazingly enough, I have been able to keep my grades up and remain relatively focused on school work. School (and work) have been going well for Robert, too. I am grateful for all that he is able to do. He is truly amazing.
On a more somber note, this week has had its major difficulties. On Tuesday afternoon, I found out that a close family friend was injured in a SERIOUS accident. He is both one of my father's great friends as well as the father to someone I have been close friends with for 20 years. I called my friend Lauren as soon as I heard the news. Once Robert got out of work, we immediately went to the hospital to visit Randy and his family. Unfortunately, we were too late. It was so difficult to see Lauren; she is just a year younger than I am and was as close, if not closer, than I am to my father. I cannot imagine being in her situation. All I could do was hug her and tell her I love her. I have spent the last two days recollecting all my memories of Randy and of my own father. Just three weeks after I was in the hospital welcoming a child into the world, I was in the hospital saying goodbye to a loved one. We never know the direction life will take us.



Aimee, this last picture is for you! I made the onesie work by not snapping it. I put some matching pants on him to cover the bottom. Yay!

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

yay! so cute! im glad it fit him sorta lol

what is he for halloween.. you said to look but i don't see?

Danielle said...

Leigh, that picture of Joel with the green blanket is adorable! What a quizzical brow...