Tuesday, March 6, 2012

mr

I just want a take a minute to talk about something important to me. My husband. I am not writing this for brownie points, though I am sure I will get them. I am writing this because I am so incredibly grateful to the man I call mine. He was absolutely amazing yesterday. He is amazing EVERY day, but yesterday in particular. I woke up with a nasty case of pinkeye on top of whatever respiratory junk is going around. My throat hurt. My head ached. My eye burned. I was a mess. Still am. But I knew I had to just keep going. When you are a stay at home mom, you don't have much of a choice. Instead of rushing off to work once the boys were up and running, Robert called in. And used his sick leave on me. He sent me to bed to catch up on rest. He did all of the laundry (aside from folding because he knows I am super picky). He cleaned the whole house. He took care of the boys. When dinner time came, he made hamburgers and french fries. He did not complain. He did not make me feel guilty. He just let me rest. Unfortunately, I am not much better today. But I know I can make it through because of the boost Robert gave me yesterday. He is so good to me. I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a guy. What a guy.

Aren't husbands the best? Bret is the same way. When I am sick or fall-over tired, or on bed-rest, he's absolutely amazing.

These men are so wonderful. Makes me happy to see what kind of men our boys will turn out to be with daddies like these.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

I have a wonderful brother. It makes me so happy!