Wednesday, March 21, 2012

wednesday what

See those? Those perfectly shaped semi-circles in that gorgeous red fabric? Those would be my scallops for baby girl's crib skirt. Something I told myself I would finish this week, along with the slip cover for the glider.
Guess what. They are still sitting on top of my cutting board. Untouched.
Why? Because I have gotten myself caught up in the mass hysteria that is The Hunger Games. I never read it. Until yesterday. First book down. In one day. Like so many of you.
Guess what I will be doing today and Thursday?
It's okay. You can say it. I live under a rock. But after I am done, I need to get my butt in gear. I have at least 8 sewing projects to complete. And 4 or 5 non-sewing projects.
But isn't that the story of my life always?
It must seem like I never have time for my children, but I do. I cuddle my baby every day during his morning nap. While his brothers sit on my legs to watch a movie. We also go on daily walks. Or we go next door to play at "the park" (hi Anna Marie!).
Speaking of my boys, my hubby and I took the boys to Old Navy on Saturday. My favorite place to get them clothes.
Guess who is in size 5T? My three year old. He is so stinking tall. We had to buy him a whole new wardrobe. Dead serious. Just a few cents shy of $100 later, he has enough clothes that [fingers crossed] will last him the summer.
Luckily his brothers fit in last year's clothes. Or we would be broke.
Just thinking of next year with a girl makes me financially cringe. But she will not be able to wear hand-me-downs from the boys. I just won't do it.
Maybe next week I will have more to show. More to say. I am so close to completing a few projects. It is always just that last little part of the project that seems to require the most motivation...


3 comments:

Kylie said...

Have fun with the Hunger Games! I can't wait to see your completed projects :) You are so talented.

Amy said...

Thrift, consign, garage sale, do it all.

And may you get ridiculous amounts of adorable girlie things at your shower!

Brittany said...

I am reading the 3rd book right now...but only one chapter a night instead of a book a day. :) Can't wait to see the movie!