Friday, March 2, 2012

kindness

If you truly know me, you may know that I am kind of a brat. At least, I view myself as a brat. Not quite sure why I am a brat. Just a personality flaw I guess. And I have accepted that about myself. But nothing makes me feel happier than a random act of kindness. Done to me. See, I told you I am a brat. I enjoy doing random acts of kindness for others. It makes me feel good inside. But today I am blogging about one that was done for me.
The last few weeks have been, well... rough. miserable. exhausting. Illness has thrown off all schedules and made everyone in our house impatient and cranky. There have been moments where I have wanted rescuing. Times where I prayed and pleaded that everyone would magically heal. Nothing changed. I was still mom. And we were still sick. But the boys (including the hubs) are finally on the mend now. While I am just falling pray to whatever bug or germ or icky that has zapped the health out of the rest of us. When I woke up this morning, all I really wanted was enough energy to have a normal day. Even if sore throat, cough and congestion were still there. And my wish was granted. I didn't ask for anything above and beyond that. So I was quite surprised when a knock came at the door. Behind that knock was a dear, sweet friend with a delicious drink and a bar of chocolate. Just because she knew everyone was sick. Her quick visit made me so happy. It made me realize that the world is not full of brats like me. But of people who are willing to take a moment out of their day for someone else. I feel special. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

*pssst!* I'm gonna let you in on a little secret... I'm a brat, too. Case in point: I begged my husband to take a half day at work because I had a sore throat. (And he did it - win!) Own it, girl. There's other things we're good at that make up for the occasional brattiness. :D